Lamput, the hilarious animated chase comedy, has been picked up for a third season by Cartoon Network and will run internationally on the channel in Asia Pacific and Latin America, and on Boomerang in EMEA.
The series – produced by Vaibhav Studios based in Mumbai, India – started life as batches of micro-shorts of about 15 seconds as well as shorts of up to two minutes. The new season will comprise a mixture of 21×5’ and 21×2’ episodes, and will roll out from early 2020.
Lamput is the ultimate in non-dialogue, slapstick chase animation. Lamput is a gooey orange substance that escaped from a secret laboratory. Two scientists, Specs Doc and Skinny Doc, are trying their best to catch him. But always a master of disguise, he escapes from right under their noses.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020