Endemol Shine Group, DoveTail Media and film director Shekhar Kapur join forces
Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group announced the development of a major high-end production for the international market.
Shekhar Kapur, the award-winning film director behind Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age as well as Bollywood smash hits Mr. India, Masoom and Bandit Queen has signed a deal with Endemol Shine Group to bring to life the trilogy of best-selling novels by acclaimed author Amitav Ghosh.
Ghosh’s masterpiece, which begins with Sea of Poppies, continues with River of Smoke and concludes with Flood of Fire, has already achieved classic status and is seen as a landmark of twenty-first century literature.
The agreement also brings together Endemol Shine Group companies, Artists Studio (The Fall) and Endemol Shine India (Test Case) who will produce the drama in partnership with TV packaging consultancy service DoveTale Media who initially acquired the rights to the books.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 45 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 45 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 41 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020