Endemol Shine Group, DoveTail Media and film director Shekhar Kapur join forces
Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group announced the development of a major high-end production for the international market.
Shekhar Kapur, the award-winning film director behind Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age as well as Bollywood smash hits Mr. India, Masoom and Bandit Queen has signed a deal with Endemol Shine Group to bring to life the trilogy of best-selling novels by acclaimed author Amitav Ghosh.
Ghosh’s masterpiece, which begins with Sea of Poppies, continues with River of Smoke and concludes with Flood of Fire, has already achieved classic status and is seen as a landmark of twenty-first century literature.
The agreement also brings together Endemol Shine Group companies, Artists Studio (The Fall) and Endemol Shine India (Test Case) who will produce the drama in partnership with TV packaging consultancy service DoveTale Media who initially acquired the rights to the books.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020