ABS-CBN DocuCentral’s two documentaries—HIV Rising, which tackles the growing number of HIV cases in the Philippines and Hallyu and I, an in-depth look on the Korean wave phenomenon—will be showcased to global audiences as it screens in the Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART).
Dubbed as Asia’s largest entertainment market fair, Hong Kong FILMART gathers industry professionals to exhibit their best works, launch projects, and more from March 18 to 21. This year’s fair will screen to attendees HIV Rising on March 18 and Hallyu and I on March 20 after both documentaries premiered last year in the country via ABS-CBN.
HIV Rising, a documentary of award-winning broadcast journalist Korina Sanchez-Roxas, aims to shed light on Filipinos who live with HIV and AIDS and investigates probable links of the rising HIV cases to the “hook up” culture. Experts from the Department of Health (DOH), Department of Education (DepEd), the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, and various NGOs also share their insights in this slow epidemic affecting the Philippines.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 247 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 77 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 77 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 66 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021