ABS-CBN DocuCentral’s two documentaries—HIV Rising, which tackles the growing number of HIV cases in the Philippines and Hallyu and I, an in-depth look on the Korean wave phenomenon—will be showcased to global audiences as it screens in the Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART).
Dubbed as Asia’s largest entertainment market fair, Hong Kong FILMART gathers industry professionals to exhibit their best works, launch projects, and more from March 18 to 21. This year’s fair will screen to attendees HIV Rising on March 18 and Hallyu and I on March 20 after both documentaries premiered last year in the country via ABS-CBN.
HIV Rising, a documentary of award-winning broadcast journalist Korina Sanchez-Roxas, aims to shed light on Filipinos who live with HIV and AIDS and investigates probable links of the rising HIV cases to the “hook up” culture. Experts from the Department of Health (DOH), Department of Education (DepEd), the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, and various NGOs also share their insights in this slow epidemic affecting the Philippines.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 89 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 49 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020