ABS-CBN DocuCentral’s two documentaries—HIV Rising, which tackles the growing number of HIV cases in the Philippines and Hallyu and I, an in-depth look on the Korean wave phenomenon—will be showcased to global audiences as it screens in the Hong Kong International Film and TV Market (FILMART).
Dubbed as Asia’s largest entertainment market fair, Hong Kong FILMART gathers industry professionals to exhibit their best works, launch projects, and more from March 18 to 21. This year’s fair will screen to attendees HIV Rising on March 18 and Hallyu and I on March 20 after both documentaries premiered last year in the country via ABS-CBN.
HIV Rising, a documentary of award-winning broadcast journalist Korina Sanchez-Roxas, aims to shed light on Filipinos who live with HIV and AIDS and investigates probable links of the rising HIV cases to the “hook up” culture. Experts from the Department of Health (DOH), Department of Education (DepEd), the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, and various NGOs also share their insights in this slow epidemic affecting the Philippines.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 66 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 52 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 51 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020