ABS-CBN starts 2019 as Philippines’s number one network
ABS-CBN, the Philippines’ leading entertainment and media company, opened 2019 on a high note as viewers nationwide tuned in to its news and entertainment shows, making the network achieve an average audience share of 45% in January, or 15 points higher than GMA’s 30%, based on Kantar Media’s data.
It led in the capital region, Metro Manila, where it registered an average audience share of 44% against GMA’s 23%. Multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
ABS-CBN programs ruled the top 10 list of most watched programs in January with 9 shows, led by consistent top-rater FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano (39.1%).
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 37 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 26 views | posted on September 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020