ABS-CBN starts 2019 as Philippines’s number one network
ABS-CBN, the Philippines’ leading entertainment and media company, opened 2019 on a high note as viewers nationwide tuned in to its news and entertainment shows, making the network achieve an average audience share of 45% in January, or 15 points higher than GMA’s 30%, based on Kantar Media’s data.
It led in the capital region, Metro Manila, where it registered an average audience share of 44% against GMA’s 23%. Multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
ABS-CBN programs ruled the top 10 list of most watched programs in January with 9 shows, led by consistent top-rater FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano (39.1%).
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020