ABS-CBN starts 2019 as Philippines’s number one network
ABS-CBN, the Philippines’ leading entertainment and media company, opened 2019 on a high note as viewers nationwide tuned in to its news and entertainment shows, making the network achieve an average audience share of 45% in January, or 15 points higher than GMA’s 30%, based on Kantar Media’s data.
It led in the capital region, Metro Manila, where it registered an average audience share of 44% against GMA’s 23%. Multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
ABS-CBN programs ruled the top 10 list of most watched programs in January with 9 shows, led by consistent top-rater FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano (39.1%).
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 81 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 72 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 60 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 57 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020