ABS-CBN starts 2019 as Philippines’s number one network
ABS-CBN, the Philippines’ leading entertainment and media company, opened 2019 on a high note as viewers nationwide tuned in to its news and entertainment shows, making the network achieve an average audience share of 45% in January, or 15 points higher than GMA’s 30%, based on Kantar Media’s data.
It led in the capital region, Metro Manila, where it registered an average audience share of 44% against GMA’s 23%. Multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
ABS-CBN programs ruled the top 10 list of most watched programs in January with 9 shows, led by consistent top-rater FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano (39.1%).
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020