Big Brother returns to the Philippines with outstanding ratings
Endemol Shine Group’s Big Brother has made a triumphant 8th season return in the Philippines. Produced by ABS-CBN Corporation, Pinoy Big Brother launched on 10th November and in its first two weeks on air, its two episodes per week day (afternoon and primetime) as well as it’s weekend primetime episodes have outperformed its competitors in all timeslots. The Pinoy Big Brother’s YouTube Channel has also just exceeded 1 million subscribers.
Along with these outstanding ratings, Pinoy Big Brother will also have an extended season run. Whilst this is the 8th season of Pinoy Big Brother, it is the 14th season overall with ABS-CBN adapting Regular, Celebrity and Teen versions. Big Brother is the longest running format franchise in the Philippines.
This year reality juggernaut Big Brother has aired 28 productions across 21 territories including the US, India, Brazil, Spain, Israel, Italy and many more.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,058 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 76 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020