LOS ANGELES – all3media America, the US arm of global indie all3media, has appointed former National Geographic President of original programming and production Tim Pastore as CEO.
Pastore will report to all3media CEO Jane Turton when he joins the Discovery Communications and Liberty Global joint venture on October 1. He replaces former CEO Greg Lipstone, who exited in January.
During his four-year tenure at Nat Geo, Pastore oversaw all development, production and operations teams in New York, Washington, D.C and London, as well as the in-house production unit, National Geographic Studios.
Pastore is also credited with launching the channel’s feature documentary strand under the new banner, National Geographic Documentary Films, with such films as the Emmy-winner LA92,the Emmy-nominated Jane, Hell on Earth: The Fall of Syria and the Rise of ISIS and the Leonardo DiCaprio-produced Before the Flood.
In addition, the Emmy-winning producer’s tenure also saw the launches of the Will Smith-hosted One Strange Rock; the natural history live event Earth Live, which reached more than 21 million viewers globally; and the documentary-drama hybrid Mars, watched by over 36 million viewers worldwide.
Prior to moving into the programming role at the network, Pastore served as EVP of production and development for the Studios arm. Before joining National Geographic Studios, he served as VP of factual programming and production at BBC Worldwide Productions.
“Tim’s reputation as a business leader and his track record as the creator and producer of high quality and popular TV is incredibly impressive,” Turton said in a statement.
With offices in Los Angeles, all3media America has produced hundreds of hours of unscripted and scripted programming, with current programming including CBS’s Undercover Boss, CNN’s United Shades of America, USA Network’s Chrisley Knows Best, Fox’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back, Discovery’s Cash Cab, Investigation Discovery’s Betrayed and Food Network’s Worst Cooks in America.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 45 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 44 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020