Ringstar Boxing announces co-promotion with Marina Bay Sands
SINGAPORE – Ringstar Boxing, fast growing Asian sports media property, headed by Founder and CEO Scott Farrell, has announced the first Roar of Singapore series, which will take place at the Marina Bay Sands. The event heralds the first co-promotion between Ringstar and Marina Bay Sands.
Roar of Singapore V – The Kings of Lion City, is headlined by Singapore’s one-and-only undefeated boxer and current IBO Intercontinental Featherweight champion, Muhamad “The Chosen Wan” Ridhwan, (11-0), who will go up against Paulus “The Rock” Ambunda of Namibia, former WBO World champion, and former 2x IBO World champion, for the much prized IBO World Super Bantamweight title.
Farrell commented: “As I said from my very first show, Marina Bay Sands is where Ringstar boxing will be. Now we are here, going live across the world from the Marina Bay Sands, on the 29th of September. This is a gigantic leap for ‘The Roar of Singapore’, and I am very thankful to Marina Bay Sands for co-promoting this upcoming event with us. This will guarantee a place in history for Singapore professional boxing, as a real contender for the number one boxing event in Asia, and perhaps the world.”
He continued: “I have matched a strong fight card, headlined by Singapore’s boxing pride, Muhamad “The Chosen Wan” Ridhwan, who will now get to show the world what he’s made of, as he enters the ring, and goes toe-to-toe against a world class fighter in Paulus “The Rock” Ambunda, at the Marina Bay Sands, on September 29. A world class IBO world title fight, at a world class venue, that’s what Ringstar will deliver.”
Filipino world boxing champion Michael “Gloves on Fire” Dasmarinas, who conquered the IBO World Bantamweight title last April 2018, is also set to go against Ghana’s Manyo “Black Flash” Plange, who has a current record of 17-0.
Meanwhile, Malaysia’s very own IBO Oceania Welterweight champion Keng “The Mean Machine” Fai, and WBC Asia Continental Light Heavyweight Champion Mirage “Miracle” Khan, are both set to face their own serious contenders in French undefeated fighter Abdelelah Karroum (3-0), and former IBO Oceania Super Middleweight champion Jonathan Taylor, respectively.
There will be a total of 9 fights for Roar of Singapore V – The Kings of Lion City.
Tickets are available at https://entertainment.marinabaysands.com/events/roar0918. Ringside Seats are priced at SGD 192, while VVIP Seats with Personalised Waiter Service, Canapes and Beverage are at SGD 2,504. VIP Tables, which seat 8 persons, come with a 3-course Dinner and Free Flow Beverage, are at SGD 4,032. Doors open at 5pm, and the event starts at 5:30pm.
Sponsors and partners of Roar of Singapore V – The Kings of Lion City include NTUC Fairprice, Marina Bay Sands, Nutrifirst and Roomaif.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 61 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 58 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 53 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 49 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020