Karate Combat enters Asia with ABS-CBN partnership
NEW YORK – Karate Combat, and ABS-CBN have announced a deal that makes the Quezon City-based media giant the first Asian distribution partner of the new global, professional martial arts league. Karate Combat is the new, global, professional martial arts league reinvigorating karate ahead of its debut at the Olympics in 2020. ABS-CBN is one of the oldest broadcasters in all of Asia and the largest in the Philippines.
The company’s ABS-CBN Sports + Action channel is showing the initial three fight events Karate Combat has produced as multi-part broadcasts, and will show future events as well.
Karate Combat: Genesis began airing on August 24th and further segments, as well as Karate Combat: Inception, will air each Friday at 6:30pm local time, with replays on Saturday at 6:30pm local time. The Karate Combat: Olympus event will follow.
“Combat sports are incredibly popular in the Philippines,” said Michael DePietro, CEO of Karate Combat. “We’re proud to be reaching this huge, devoted audience via ABS- CBN.”
Karate Combat presents its content on its site karate.com and its dedicated iOS and Android apps, as well as with partners from around the world including CBS Sports Live, Dailymotion, UFC Fight Pass, Titan, FITE, UltraFlix’s Iron Dragon, JungoTV’s CombatGO, Eleven Sports, The Fight Network, Pluto TV and more, and on its own Roku channel. ABS- CBN is the first distribution partner in Asia, just ahead of the martial arts league’s broader push into the region and its upcoming fight event in Japan.
Karate Combat is a premier Karate brand which operates a professional full contact karate league, sports equipment business, and worldwide Dojo network. The Company seeks to evolve the traditional sport of Karate via KARATE.com, the World’s Gateway to Karate, and branded mobile apps. The firm is headquartered in New York City with satellite offices in Calabasas, CA and Budapest.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 49 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020