INDONESIA – HOOQ, Asia’s first and largest video-on-demand service, has announced their partnership with global technology leader, Xiaomi, enabling more Indonesian customers to access HOOQ when they buy the new Mi TV 4A and enjoy their favourite movies and TV series on the big screen.
This partnership between two household names in Indonesia underscores both companies’ commitment in offering the best value products to meet the demands of digitally-savvy Indonesians.
Peter Bithos, CEO of HOOQ, commented: “This breakthrough partnership with Xiaomi signifies HOOQ’s ambitious to double down in Indonesia with a series of moves to bring bigger, better entertainment to locals, on multiple screens. Through Mi TV and the PatchWall OS, HOOQ is now able to engage more Indonesian audiences with our premium content in a big screen environment. HOOQ’s collaboration as the preferred content partner of Mi TV will give audiences options of watching the best of both local and Hollywood content on multiple screens suiting their lifestyle needs.”
Mi TV customers can now access over 10,000 hours of Hollywood and local Indonesia favourites on HOOQ, including Indonesian box office hits fresh from the cinemas like Danur 2, Yowis Ben, Ayat Ayat Cinta 2 and Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts. In addition, Hollywood fans can catch the latest TV series same day as US telecast including Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger, The Flash, Supergirl, together with hot favourites such as Criminal Minds, Once Upon a Time and Community.
Steven Shi, Head of Xiaomi South Pacific Region, Xiaomi Indonesia Country Manager, said: “It is a very special day for us in Indonesia. We are happy to introduce three new products, and particularly excited to bring Mi TV 4A 32 as we believe it can bring a truly smart TV experience to Indonesia at an amazing price. We are also thrilled for this partnership, to bring more entertainment content and to our users in Indonesia.”
Guntur Siboro, Country Managing Director of HOOQ Indonesia, added: “We are delighted to be in partnership with Xiaomi and are confident that the Indonesian audience will thoroughly enjoy the extraordinary viewing experience watching their favourite premium local and Hollywood content on big screens at home! Indonesia is seeing a boom in the tech-savvy class, with more and more Indonesians owning multiple smart devices. The market is ready and primed for OTT platforms like HOOQ to provide accessible premium content both at home on TV and on the go on mobile devices.”
Since its launch in Indonesia, HOOQ has led the charge in innovating the OTT segment – including launching localised pricing plans in the form of weekly, then daily sachets; pioneering local original productions; to most recently announcing their “skinny bundle” where viewers get to sample more than over 20 pay TV channels on the platform’s premium package.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 89 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 82 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 78 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020