LONDON – One of the world’s most popular providers of English-language teaching material, BBC Learning English, has launched its free app. The BBC Learning English App brings together all of the BBC’s most popular English-teaching content in a simple to use package.
The BBC Learning English App, now available for free from the Android and iOS app stores, offers a wide range of series which will help learners to keep their English up to date and improve it. It focuses on grammar, pronunciation, developing learners’ language proficiency through topical news stories and helping them learn phrases they can use in everyday conversations.
BBC Learning English Editor, Paul Scott, comments: “The best way to learn a language is to practice a little bit every day, and our app helps learners do that, on the go. With readily available daily updates of new, fun, topical and amazing lessons, transcripts and quizzes, our app will help English-language learners develop their English skills and become brilliant English-speakers.”
Using the BBC Learning English App, learners can find content by category – Everyday English, Learn English with the News, Business English, Grammar, Vocabulary and Pronunciation – or by series name, for example: The English We Speak, 6 Minute English, English in a Minute, English at Work, LingoHack, News Review, the award-winning Tim’s Pronunciation Workshop and many more.
Users can watch or listen to each programme first without using the text support, then watch or listen again using the built-in transcripts and subtitles. Once they have practiced their listening and reading skills, they can use the quizzes to test their understanding. As the app will remember their scores, they can keep trying until they get the result they want. New lessons are included every day, with an option to get notifications when a new programme is available.
BBC Learning English is a world leader in using international broadcasting to teach English and is part of the BBC World Service. BBC Learning English connects with its audiences via its official website, YouTube (1.3m subscribers), Facebook (3.4m followers), Instagram (0.5m followers) and Twitter (0.5m followers). BBC Learning English podcasts, The English We Speak and 6 Minute English, are among the BBC’s top most popular weekly podcasts.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 95 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 77 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 63 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Sky TV’s entertainment streaming service, Neon, introduces a revamped platform powered by Evergent 41 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020