Bomanbridge Media closes over 200 hours of content in South Korea
SINGAPORE/SEOUL – Content distribution and production agency Bomanbridge Media has announced the sale of over 200 hours of content with key Korean channels KBS, EBS, CJ ENM English Gem, JEI TV, and more in the lead up to the BCWW Market on 5th September 2018.
Public broadcaster KBS picked up multiple documentaries such as Baby Animals in the Wild and Queen of the Hunt, while EBS selected Secret Lives of Owls and the award-winning animated series Oddbods Season 2 (60×7’) by One Animation. Riding on the success of Oddbods, SkyTV and Kids1TV also acquired Oddbods 5-minute shorts.
CJ ENM’s new English-learning channel GEM picked up 30 hours of kids live action and animation content, including iconic Care Bears series, Care Bears: Welcome to Care-A-Lot (26×30’) from Cloudco Entertainment and Scout and the Gumboot Kids Season 2 and 3 (50×5’) from Sinking Ship Entertainment. Targeted at pre-schoolers, Care Bears premiered on GEM’s opening weekend launch with fantastic response as part of their Children’s Day special, and Scout is scheduled to air in August 2018.
In addition, JEITV, acquired 80 hours of factual entertainment content, including Chef in Your Ear (26×60’) from HLP+ Partners/The Format People, On The Go (10×60’) and The World is Yours (52×30’) from Sabbatical Entertainment and Are We There Yet? World Adventures (39×30’) from Sinking Ship Entertainment.
Bomanbridge also successfully placed multiple 4K art titles such as Florence and the Uffizi Gallery on Sky TV as well as VOD platforms SK, KT, and LGU+.
“Bomanbridge is pleased to see the growth of activity in South Korea. We are well placed with our extensive distribution reach to work with these platforms and we expect the 2018/2019 fiscal year to bring further fruitful projects on content IP. Despite the popularity of their local Korean content, we managed to maintain a curated catalogue which spoke to the Korean audience,” said Sonia Fleck, CEO of Bomanbridge Media.
Bomanbridge Media is a leading Singapore-based distribution agency and production company, with satellite offices in the region. The company exclusively represents renowned programming from around the world and its team has earned a stellar reputation in the region as the go-to people to get deals done.
The company’s diverse catalogue currently holds over thousands of hours of top quality programming consisting of Formats, Lifestyle, Factual, Drama, Kids and Educational. Serving as both brand strategist, deficit financing and program distribution, the acquisition team continually handpicks select products for multi-territory acquisition and distribution.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.4k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 543 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 118 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 110 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021