SINGAPORE – Accedo, video experience leader, has announced that its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powering the newly-launched Android TV Operator Tier Set-Top-Box (STB) TV offering from StarHub in Singapore. Branded the StarHub Go Streaming Box, the Android TV STB service complements the popular StarHub Go OTT service and extends it to the living room.
“We are excited to be the first operator in the world to launch an Android TV Oreo Operator Tier streaming box. As an all-in-one entertainment offering, the StarHub Go Streaming Box combines the strengths of our StarHub TV content, our partners’ apps and the Google Play store catalogue to provide an easy lean back viewing experience. Accedo’s Android TV Launcher is key to this equation as it allows us to offer a dynamic, next-generation user interface with augmented OTT content and Android TV apps to excite our customers,” said Chong Siew Loong, Chief Technology Officer, StarHub.
Designed to support Google’s Android TV Operator Tier program, the Accedo Android TV Launcher is designed to replace Google’s standard launcher with an operator-branded and managed User Interface (UI). It provides subscribers with access to all Android TV services, while putting the operator’s content and branding front and center. Accedo’s Launcher was designed in line with Google guidelines and is architected to allow UI customisation and integration with an operator’s systems, with minimal time to market and risk.
“This is a significant milestone for StarHub and Accedo and I know both teams are very proud to launch the world’s first Operator Tier offering on Android TV Oreo,” said Michael Lantz, CEO at Accedo. “Together we have ambitious plans to grow the service and to continue to transform the StarHub video experience through innovation, smart products and scalable solutions.”
Accedo’s Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powered by Accedo One, Accedo’s award-winning cloud application management platform, allowing operators to dynamically modify the UI and appearance of content even after the set-top boxes are distributed in the field – supporting agile product offering changes, promotions, and other compelling functionality.
Accedo will be showcasing its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher at the IBC show in Amsterdam from 14 to 18 September, on stand 14.E10 .
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Winsing Animation brings new content to MIPTV 42 views | posted on April 9, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020