SINGAPORE – Accedo, video experience leader, has announced that its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powering the newly-launched Android TV Operator Tier Set-Top-Box (STB) TV offering from StarHub in Singapore. Branded the StarHub Go Streaming Box, the Android TV STB service complements the popular StarHub Go OTT service and extends it to the living room.
“We are excited to be the first operator in the world to launch an Android TV Oreo Operator Tier streaming box. As an all-in-one entertainment offering, the StarHub Go Streaming Box combines the strengths of our StarHub TV content, our partners’ apps and the Google Play store catalogue to provide an easy lean back viewing experience. Accedo’s Android TV Launcher is key to this equation as it allows us to offer a dynamic, next-generation user interface with augmented OTT content and Android TV apps to excite our customers,” said Chong Siew Loong, Chief Technology Officer, StarHub.
Designed to support Google’s Android TV Operator Tier program, the Accedo Android TV Launcher is designed to replace Google’s standard launcher with an operator-branded and managed User Interface (UI). It provides subscribers with access to all Android TV services, while putting the operator’s content and branding front and center. Accedo’s Launcher was designed in line with Google guidelines and is architected to allow UI customisation and integration with an operator’s systems, with minimal time to market and risk.
“This is a significant milestone for StarHub and Accedo and I know both teams are very proud to launch the world’s first Operator Tier offering on Android TV Oreo,” said Michael Lantz, CEO at Accedo. “Together we have ambitious plans to grow the service and to continue to transform the StarHub video experience through innovation, smart products and scalable solutions.”
Accedo’s Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powered by Accedo One, Accedo’s award-winning cloud application management platform, allowing operators to dynamically modify the UI and appearance of content even after the set-top boxes are distributed in the field – supporting agile product offering changes, promotions, and other compelling functionality.
Accedo will be showcasing its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher at the IBC show in Amsterdam from 14 to 18 September, on stand 14.E10 .
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 48 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- Synamedia report: Knockout blow for sports piracy requires incentives and deterrents 40 views | posted on October 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020