ABS-CBN broadens nationwide ratings lead in the Philippines
QUEZON CITY – ABS-CBN, the Philippines’ leading entertainment and media network, continues to draw more viewers across the country as it launched three new top-rating shows and ruled in national TV ratings in August, with an average audience share of 44%, 12 points higher than rival network GMA’s 32%, according to data from Kantar Media covering both urban and rural homes. TV5 follows at a distant third place, with 4%.
Multinational audience measurement provider Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population.
ABS-CBN also ruled across all time blocks, particularly in primetime as it scored an average audience share of 48%, or a 16-point lead against GMA’s 32%. The primetime block is the most important time of the day when most Filipinos watch TV and advertisers put a larger chunk of their investments in to reach more consumers effectively.
The Kapamilya network also led the morning block (6am to 12nn) with an average audience share of 41% versus GMA’s 32%; the noontime block (12nn to 3pm) with 43%, compared to GMA’s 33%; and the afternoon block (3pm to 6pm) with 43%, beating GMA’s 36%.
FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano (Brothers) with 41.7%, once again topped the list of most watched programs, followed by Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids with 34.8%.
Also part of the top ten list are primetime newscast TV Patrol with 31.2%, new Kapamilya primetime series Ngayon at Kailanman (Now & Forever) 29.9%, Bagani 29.6%, MMK (Memories) 28.4%, Wansapanataym (Once Upon A Time) 25.7%, Home Sweetie Home 24.9%, and The Blood Sisters 21.6%.
Kantar Media is a leading television audience measurement provider with capabilities in gathering TV viewing data in both digital and analog platforms. It is a multinational market research group that specializes in audience measurement in more than 80 countries, has 26 TV networks, ad agencies, and pan-regional networks subscribing to its ratings services.
International subscribers to Kantar Media include Turner Broadcasting System Asia, NBCU Global Networks Asia, Google Asia Pacific, Home Box Office (Singapore), Scripps Networks Interactive (Asia), MTV Asia, Fox International Channels, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, CSM Media Research (China), AETN All Asia Networks, Celestial Tiger Entertainment and Sony Pictures International.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 51 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 46 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 38 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020