QUEZON CITY – WBR Entertainment Productions Chairman and CEO Willie Revillame has recently renewed his co-production contract with GMA Network for the airing of his top-rating variety program Wowowin.
Present during the contract signing were GMA Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Felipe L. Gozon, President and Chief Operating Officer Gilberto R. Duavit, Jr., Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Felipe S. Yalong, Films President Annette M. Gozon, First Vice President for Program Management Jose Mari Abacan, Vice President for Corporate Affairs and Communications Angela Javier Cruz, Assistant Vice President for Program Management Mitzi Garcia; as well as WBR Entertainment Production’s Alfonso R. Reyno Jr., King Reyno, and Ferdie Domingo.
Also in attendance were composers Lito Camo and Vehnee Saturno together with Revillame ‘s co-hosts Janni Alipo-on, Sugar Mercado and Patricia Tumulak.
Revillame expressed his happiness for finding a home in GMA: “We are both home, and GMA is like our neighbour and our Kapuso. There’s no competition within the company. There is cooperation.”
The TV host likewise promised that he will carry on with his program’s goal of extending help to more Filipinos while sharing joy and happiness.
“A lot of Filipinos watch and look forward to this program, with the many fun games and segments. We always aim to live up to the audience’s expectations and do our best. Wowowin airs daily from Monday to Friday, and we want our audience to be happy while watching. They can be watching Wowowin in the dining room, in the kitchen, at home, on the bus, anywhere.”
Meanwhile, Gozon praised Wowowin for performing well in the ratings game. He was also pleased with Willie’s reaffirmation of loyalty with GMA.
“We are very happy that Willie remains a loyal Kapuso, and for him to return to GMA Network. I look forward to more work together,” he said.
Duavit also thanked Revillame for his continued trust in the network and revealed that the viewers can look forward to seeing him do international shows.
“Thank you Willie for your continued confidence. Willie is a good friend, a very loyal partner, a co-worker, and a loved one. We are glad that GMA’s home will be Willie’s second home. We’re even looking at future collaboration opportunities with Willie.”
Kapuso viewers abroad can also catch Wowowin via GMA Network’s flagship international channel, GMA Pinoy TV.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 115 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 44 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 44 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020