Singtel named Asia’s Best Mobile Carrier at Telecom Asia Awards
SINGAPORE – Singtel has won Asia’s Best Mobile Carrier award at the recent Telecom Asia Awards 2018, a recognition of its commitment to provide customers robust connectivity, innovative mobile data options and enriched digital content.
Telecom Asia also recognised Singtel for providing the Most Innovative Approach to Customer Experience. Singtel has been digitally transforming its core consumer operations to better engage digitally savvy consumers. Earlier this year, Singtel revamped its flagship store at Comcentre which now features 24×7 self-serve kiosks, automated checkouts and access to live call centre personnel via video bots.
“We are pleased to be recognised as Asia’s Best Mobile Carrier as we have been constantly upping our game to give our customers’ the best mobile experience that we can create,” said Ms Gan Siok Hoon, Vice President for Mobile Marketing and Sales, Consumer Singapore, Singtel.
“Our continuous investments in network and innovation have allowed us to provide better connectivity, more innovative data plans and exciting digital content on Singapore’s fastest and widest mobile network. We are also reinventing the way customers interact with us by creating a seamless omni-channel experience across both online and offline touchpoints. We remain committed to creating meaningful experiences and services that suit our customers’ increasingly digital lifestyles.”
At the Telecom Asia Awards 2018, Singtel also won the Best Cloud-Based Service award for providing a comprehensive suite of services for public, private and hybrid cloud platforms to help enterprises move their business applications and database into the cloud with ease. By combining cloud services with its cyber security solutions, data centres and managed services, Singtel enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation.
“Having embarked on our own digital transformation journey, we are enabling our enterprise customers to digitally transform their businesses by helping them move seamlessly to and operate in the cloud,” said Mr Francis Fong, Managing Director for Enterprise Data and Managed Services, Group Enterprise, Singtel. “Singtel continues to invest and push the boundaries in pursuit of more automated and better integrated cloud solutions.”
Now in its 21st year, the awards are the region’s longest-running and most prestigious telecom industry accolade. Telecom Asia recognises innovative and outstanding performance by Asian service providers and industry executives. This year’s submissions were evaluated based on innovation, financial performance, technology, market leadership and corporate governance.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 131 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 114 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 103 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020