Love Nature 4K launches channels in the Netherlands and Switzerland
LONDON – Love Nature 4K has announced two new channel distribution deals in Europe for its wildlife and nature channel, which showcases natural phenomena to the marvels of the animal kingdom in great detail. The commercial free, family-friendly offering has launched in the Netherlands on Dutch-speaking service KPN, and in Switzerland via IPTV platform Swisscom. The news arrives on the heels of the brand’s recent debut in the UK and Ireland on Virgin Media.
Love Nature’s original series, launching on both platforms, include Reef Wrecks, Africa’s Wild Horizons and Arctic Secrets. Reef Wrecks (5×60′; 4K and HD) shares stories of the 3 million+ known shipwreck sites in the world and the sea creatures that surround them.
Meanwhile, Africa’s Wild Horizons (11×60′; 4K and HD) showcases Africa’s diverse ecosystems, breeding grounds, migration paths and watering holes across the Serengeti, down the Mara River and over the forests of Ruaha National Park. Arctic Secrets (8×60’4K & HD) journeys to the most remote Arctic landscapes, populated with unique animals and plants that have adapted to survive in the harshest climates on the planet.
“Love Nature 4K is a unique offering for natural history fans seeking extraordinary stories in extraordinary quality,” said Ward Platt, CEO, Kids & Global Networks, Blue Ant Media. “From Africa to South America to the Arctic, our original productions will give audiences an experience that is second only to being there in person. These latest distribution deals, on major platforms in Switzerland and The Netherlands further highlights our growing strength in EMEA where we are working with partners to give more people access to the best content in stunning 4K.”
Love Nature 4K has experienced significant international growth in the last six months, with additional channel launches in Canada, Indonesia, Myanmar, Papa New Guinea and Fiji, Qatar, Thailand and The Maldives, and HD channels also airing in Nigeria and Singapore.
The brand’s streaming video service, available in 60+ countries worldwide, has also notably launched on Amazon Channels UK, Amazon Channels Germany and Austria and Vodafone TV in New Zealand in the last 12 months.
Love Nature, a Blue Ant Media and Smithsonian Networks joint venture, creates and distributes the largest library of 4K wildlife and nature content in the world. Love Nature is available on linear television internationally and via streaming video in 60+ countries worldwide.
Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. Production houses around the world create content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming. Its distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of 3,000+ hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market.
Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands such as Love Nature (International), ZooMoo Networks (International), Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada), Blue Ant Entertainment (International), Blue Ant Extreme (International) and HGTV (New Zealand). Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei.
- Malaysian adaptation of ABS-CBN drama is most-watched show on Astro Prima Channel in 2020 142 views | posted on May 3, 2021
- Disney+ Singapore expands Star content offering, adds more R21 movies and TV series 103 views | posted on May 3, 2021
- Crash landing on connected TV 97 views | posted on May 3, 2021
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 60 views | posted on May 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020