FOX and National Geographic release exclusive first look at “Cosmos: Possible Worlds”
SAN DIEGO – At the recent San Diego Comic-Con 2018, FOX and National Geographic released a first look at the highly anticipated return of the Emmy award-winning worldwide phenomenon Cosmos, where show producers were on hand to share the sneak peek during their panel.
On the panel were executive producer, writer and director Ann Druyan (who won an Emmy Award for writing the 2014 series and a Peabody Award for producing it) and executive producers Seth MacFarlane, Brannon Braga and Jason Clark, along with series host Neil deGrasse Tyson, the famed pop-culture icon, astrophysicist and host of the Emmy Award-nominated StarTalk.
Cosmos: Possible Worlds is set to premiere on FOX and National Geographic in March 2019. The new 13-part season will premiere in the US on both channels and globally on National Geographic in 171 countries and 43 languages.
This follows Cosmos’ wildly successful run in 2014 as the most-watched series ever on National Geographic Channels internationally, and seen by more than 135 million people worldwide on National Geographic and FOX.
In the vastness of space and the immensity of time, the number of worlds to explore and stories to tell are virtually infinite. The first two seasons of the Cosmos television series transported a global audience to the farthest reaches and most deeply hidden recesses of the universe.
In the course of those journeys, the series dramatised the lives of many of the forgotten searchers who contributed to the world’s understanding of who, when and where we are in the universe. Cosmos: Possible Worlds will venture to previously uncharted territories.
Also in conjunction with the launch of the new season, National Geographic will publish a companion book, Cosmos: Possible Worlds, by Ann Druyan, the long-awaited follow-up to Carl Sagan’s international bestseller, Cosmos: A Personal Voyage. Sale date is February 19, 2019.
Cosmos: Possible Worlds is produced by Cosmos Studios, the Ithaca, NY-based company Ann Druyan co-founded in 2000, and Fuzzy Door Productions, Seth MacFarlane’s company. Druyan and Brannon Braga are the series’ writers. Druyan, MacFarlane, Braga and Jason Clark executive-produce.
Watch the official trailer for Cosmos: Possible Worlds on YouTube:
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 80 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 57 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- Netflix brings a variety of entertainment with seven new Korean films and series 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020