First Latin American deal for “Family Food Fight” in Argentina
LONDON – Endemol Shine Group has announced the first Latin American deal for new culinary competition format Family Food Fight, with Endemol Shine Latino being commissioned to make a local Argentinian adaptation for Telefe.
Created by Endemol Shine Australia, Family Food Fight is an original format developed with Channel Nine. Consistently ranking as the broadcaster’s highest rating show of the day since it launched, it has recently been renewed for a second season. ABC has also commissioned Endemol Shine North America to create a version in the US which is currently in production.
Michelle Wasserman, SVP of Licensing and Content Development for Endemol Shine Latino said: “Family Food Fight perfectly blends two of the ingredients that Latin Americans hold dear, family and cooking. It is a hugely warm, fun, highly spirited and addictive format and we believe that partnered with Telefe, we have the ideal recipe for success.”
The Argentinian series is now casting for transmission later this year and will be known locally as “Familias Frente A Frente, desafio en la cocina.”
Family Food Fight takes home-style cooking to a new level as family recipes, rich in tradition and shared over generations, are put on display. Rather than five-star restaurant cuisine, the show focuses on relatable, yet aspirational, home-cooked meals, inspiring budding home cooks across the nation to don their aprons and get into the kitchen together.
With a mix of fast-paced cooking fun, heaped helpings of good humour and healthy rivalries, the Family Food Fight families cook their hearts out as they strive to impress. But despite everyone’s delectable dishes, only one family can claim the coveted title and take home a major cash prize.
Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group has created world-class content for all platforms including global hits Black Mirror, Big Brother, Deal or No Deal, Humans, Hunted, MasterChef, Peaky Blinders, The Island, The Brain, Tin Star and Your Face Sounds Familiar.
All three of Endemol Shine Group’s new formats that were showcased at MIPCOM, including All Together Now and Big Bounce Battle are all returning and travelling. All Together Now has been picked up in seven territories and counting while Big Bounce Battle has been renewed for a second series by RTL Germany.
Last year Endemol Shine Group produced more than 800 productions, in 78 territories airing on more than 275 channels around the world.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 37 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 26 views | posted on September 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020