First Latin American deal for “Family Food Fight” in Argentina
LONDON – Endemol Shine Group has announced the first Latin American deal for new culinary competition format Family Food Fight, with Endemol Shine Latino being commissioned to make a local Argentinian adaptation for Telefe.
Created by Endemol Shine Australia, Family Food Fight is an original format developed with Channel Nine. Consistently ranking as the broadcaster’s highest rating show of the day since it launched, it has recently been renewed for a second season. ABC has also commissioned Endemol Shine North America to create a version in the US which is currently in production.
Michelle Wasserman, SVP of Licensing and Content Development for Endemol Shine Latino said: “Family Food Fight perfectly blends two of the ingredients that Latin Americans hold dear, family and cooking. It is a hugely warm, fun, highly spirited and addictive format and we believe that partnered with Telefe, we have the ideal recipe for success.”
The Argentinian series is now casting for transmission later this year and will be known locally as “Familias Frente A Frente, desafio en la cocina.”
Family Food Fight takes home-style cooking to a new level as family recipes, rich in tradition and shared over generations, are put on display. Rather than five-star restaurant cuisine, the show focuses on relatable, yet aspirational, home-cooked meals, inspiring budding home cooks across the nation to don their aprons and get into the kitchen together.
With a mix of fast-paced cooking fun, heaped helpings of good humour and healthy rivalries, the Family Food Fight families cook their hearts out as they strive to impress. But despite everyone’s delectable dishes, only one family can claim the coveted title and take home a major cash prize.
Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group has created world-class content for all platforms including global hits Black Mirror, Big Brother, Deal or No Deal, Humans, Hunted, MasterChef, Peaky Blinders, The Island, The Brain, Tin Star and Your Face Sounds Familiar.
All three of Endemol Shine Group’s new formats that were showcased at MIPCOM, including All Together Now and Big Bounce Battle are all returning and travelling. All Together Now has been picked up in seven territories and counting while Big Bounce Battle has been renewed for a second series by RTL Germany.
Last year Endemol Shine Group produced more than 800 productions, in 78 territories airing on more than 275 channels around the world.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.4k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 527 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 92 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021