FIGHT SPORTS punches its way onto StarHub in Singapore
SINGAPORE – CSI Sports has signed a new carriage agreement for its 24/7 HD Network FIGHT SPORTS with StarHub TV, to extend its major distribution in the region and South East Asia.
The programming line-up will include broadcasting some of boxing’s biggest Live World Title Boxing fights from WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO, Championship Kickboxing, K-1, MMA, Martial Arts and exclusive reality, documentary and original programming series.
Coverage will also feature some of history’s most exciting championship boxing events from the HBO Championship Boxing Series, WCCB and classic fights with legendary boxers such as Manny Pacquiao, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Oscar De La Hoya and George Foreman.
“We are excited to partner with CSI Sports to introduce FIGHT SPORTS HD, a 24/7 channel offering extensive coverage of the fight industry to our customers,” said Lee Soo Hui, Head of Content Business Unit, StarHub. “We are committed to enhancing our sports line-up and this addition will see our customers enjoy a greater variety of live sporting events on StarHub TV.”
With Boxing and MMA thriving globally, FIGHT SPORTS network now reaches over 40 countries with more than 200+ carriage agreements across Europe, Asia and the Caribbean since launch in 2012.
CSI Sports co-CEOs Richard and Craig Miele added: “We are pleased to be expanding FIGHT SPORTS’ reach with distribution on StarHub’s multi-media platform in Singapore. Our channel performance in Asia and Europe has continued to secure increased distribution while we continue to invest significantly in live and original programming.”
FIGHT SPORTS Network, CSI Sports’ first global channel, broadcasts a range of live events and in-depth fight programming covering every aspect of the sport. With multimedia and other ancillary rights, FIGHT SPORTS produces a variety of entertainment programmes including original programming, reality series, documentaries, highlight and magazine shows and hand selected events and tournaments from around the world. Launched in December 2012, the channel has already secured carriage deals in over 40 countries across Europe, Asia and the Caribbean with more announcements coming soon.
Based in the US and founded in 1997, CSI Sports has a rich heritage of acquiring, producing and distributing fight-related content. In addition to high profile live events, it boasts ownership of an extensive library of several thousand hours of the widest variety of fight related programming created by networks channels for networks from across the globe. The company also syndicates its weekly FIGHT SPORTS programming to regional sports networks in the US, reaching more than 75 million households nationwide.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 199 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 51 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 44 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 38 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020