DHX signs eight product deals for “Teletubbies” in South Korea
The news follows the recent launch of the new Teletubbies series in South Korea on the country’s leading public broadcaster, KBS, and on streaming services Naver TV and Naver Junior. The new consumer products line builds on the strategy to expand the Teletubbies brand throughout Asia and capitalise on the significant opportunity in the region.
Targeting both children and adults, and aiming to tap into the brand’s strong heritage in South Korea, the range of new Teletubbies products will include books from Random House Korea; health based products from L2 Communications; bath and sand-play toys from Big Tree; novelty toys from Daeyoung Tongsang; footwear from Alphashoe; phone cases and accessories from Coquad; emoticons from Unico Korea; and soft toys from Ezen Creation.
“We’re thrilled to announce these deals as Teletubbies continues to delight kids and families around the world,” said Tom Roe, Commercial Director, DHX Brands. “With new consumer products coming in South Korea, and a raft of new broadcast and streaming platforms on board, kids and adults alike will be able to celebrate and share their love of the colourful quartet across cultures and languages worldwide.”
Further to the new consumer products deals, DHX Media’s distribution arm has signed 19 additional broadcast and streaming agreements internationally for the new Teletubbies series, bringing the total number of platforms signed for the preschool series to 54, spanning more than 100 territories worldwide.
Seasons one and two of the new Teletubbies have been picked up by the streaming service Bilibili in China; HBO Europe, for Eastern Europe; and RTM for Malaysia. In addition, season one has been picked up by Cbeebies (Australia), ORF (Austria), Tuty (Czech), Fox (Finland), Studio 100 Junior (Germany), Kan (Israel), Spacetoon (Middle East), and Puls (Poland), Rakuten Wauki (Spain). New deals for season two include ABC (Australia), ETV (South Africa), NPO (Benelux), Télémagino (Canada), Hop! (Israel), E-Junior (Middle East), and YoYo TV (Taiwan).
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 46 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 36 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 27 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020