ATLANTA – CNN has ranked as the #1 global news brand, outpacing BBC, The New York Times, BuzzFeed and others in desktop and mobile audience size across the US and 24 key international markets.
CNBC, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, Euronews, Sky News, and other international news brands trail CNN by more than 100 million multiplatform unique visitors and fall outside of the top 5 ranking.
- CNN: 166 million multiplatform unique visitors
- BBC: 161 million unique visitors
- HuffPost Global: 115 million unique visitors
- The New York Times Brand: 112 million unique visitors
- Yahoo News: 109 million unique visitors
- BuzzFeed: 99 million unique visitors
Source: comScore Multi-Platform Media Metrix Worldwide Rollup, June 2018. Based on CNN Brand entity compared to a custom list of single brand, multinational competitors in the News/Information Category (including The United States, Canada, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom and Vietnam.)
CNN Digital also ranked as the #1 news brand in the United States across all major categories, including unique users, mobile users, video views, millennial audience and social.
For more information and those detailed rankings, visit the CNN Press Room.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 66 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 52 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 51 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020