Zodiak Kids joins forces with Icelandic brand Tulipop
LONDON – Banijay Group’s Zodiak Kids has entered a co-development and co-production deal with leading Icelandic lifestyle brand Tulipop for an animated children’s television series based on the characters and landscapes of the Tulipop brand.
Founded in 2010 by celebrated Icelandic illustrator Signy Kolbeinsdottir and marketing expert Helga Arnadottir, the absurd and surprising island of Tulipop is drawn from an eclectic Icelandic heritage with ideas inspired by ancient fairytales.
Both cuddly and gothic, with a stylish modern twist, the multiple-award-winning design brand has recently begun to expand internationally with its range of high-quality products currently available in 350 stores in Europe and the US as well as the online Tulishop.
Nationwide across the US, Tulipop branded items launched exclusively in Hot Topic stores at the end of last year and licensees have now been signed across key categories to create fun and stylish Tulipop products for the US market.
Tulipop also has a very successful YouTube channel which is home to ten 2’30’ English language webisodes which have also been dubbed into Icelandic and broadcast on the country’s public service broadcaster RUV. A second series of webisodes is currently in production for launch later this year.
Zodiak Kids will start working with Tulipop on co-development of the animated television series this summer.
Jean-Philippe Randisi, CEO of Zodiak Kids, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Tulipop and are excited to start development on a series that captures the Icelandic spirit and creativity that exists and takes it forward to a worldwide audience. We believe Tulipop’s modern yet sensitive values and its deep connection to nature and heritage will truly resonate with kids and tweens of tomorrow globally.”
Tulipop co-founder Helga Arnadottir said: “Tulipop is excited to have teamed up with Zodiak Kids for the production of a high quality animated series based on the magical Tulipop world with its stunning design and oddball characters. Our dream was to produce this in partnership with an international co-production company with a strong track record, and Zodiak Kids has an amazing team that shares our creative vision and ambition to create an awesome Tulipop series for worldwide distribution.”
Zodiak Kids will hold the worldwide audio-visual distribution rights (excluding the Nordic territories) to the new co-produced animated series. Tulipop retains distribution rights in the Nordics alongside the global licensing and merchandising rights to the brand.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 211 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 90 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 75 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 48 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020