Universal Kids commissions third season of Nevision’s “Floogals”
LONDON — Independent UK production company Nevision has secured a third season commission for its hit animated show Floogals from co-production partner Universal Kids, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment’s kids network. Channel 5’s Milkshake!, the commissioning broadcaster in the UK for seasons 2 and 3 will TX the second season with a British-voiced version.
Floogals is a ground-breaking mix of photo-real CGI, and live action. Fleeker, Flo and Boomer are pocket-sized alien adventurers on a mission to observe, experience and detail the new and exciting world around them, Planet Earth. Arriving in their spaceship with a bump from the distant planet Floog, the Floogals are on a mission to document everything around them in the peculiar world of “hoomans”.
Whilst trying to keep their presence a secret, the innately inquisitive Floogals discover the wonders of the big, exciting and sometimes baffling world as viewers see it from their tiny perspective, four inches off the ground.
The first series of Floogals was produced in 2014/15 in the UK by The Foundation, part of the Banijay Group, as a co-production between Zodiak Kids and Nevision. The second and third series have been produced by Nevision Studios One, a subsidiary of Nevision.
Floogals is one of the top ten rated shows among Kids 2-5 and Women 18-49 on Universal Kids in the US, and in the UK was one of the top ten rated shows on Milkshake! in 2017. Floogals also garnered 4 million VOD transactions and more than 48 million YouTube views in 2017.
“It is truly fantastic to be able to support such an inventive British series. Our audience loves Floogals and I am so pleased that we are able to offer the series a home on Milkshake,” said Alison Bakunowich, SVP and General Manager for Milkshake! and Nickelodeon.
Nigel Pickard, Executive Producer and Director at Nevision added: “I am thrilled that both Universal Kids and Milkshake continue to support Floogals. The viewing figures on Universal Kids has been fantastic and the first series of the British-voiced Floogals has proved to be such a success for Milkshake! We look forward to working on new episodes with the same fabulous British creative team and collaborating further with both Universal Kids and Milkshake!”
Floogals has proven to be a huge success globally, selling to ABC Australia, Canal Plus (France), Cartoonito and DeAJunior (Italy), Discovery Kids (Latin America), TVO & Knowledge Network (Canada), Hop! Channel (Israel), Spectrum Film (Indonesia), YLE (Finland), Canal Panda (Portugal), MBC (Middle East), Discovery (Asia) and RT (Hong Kong). NCircle has also picked up the DVD rights for North America.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 48 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 33 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 31 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020