TEL AVIV – Armoza Formats has announced that hit prime time singing competition, The Four, is headed to Kazakhstan. Starting in September, 12 episodes of the series will air on leading broadcaster Khabar TV.
The second season of the US adaptation of the Armoza-created format is performing above FOX’s summer ratings, with the latest episode leading to a Thursday night timeslot win for the channel tying with CBS in demo ratings and ranking number one among all US networks in the 9-10pm slot.
It was recently announced that the show received three nominations at the 2018 Teen Choice Awards including Best Reality TV Show.
In addition, Peru’s Latina TV network is now airing a second live season of The Four, following the success of the first season.
In The Four (13 x 90-120’), for the first time on TV, four superstar-quality finalists will be announced in the season premiere. Selected by four of top music judges, only the best will make the final four and live like VIPs from the start. But they cannot get too comfortable, because this singing competition is more extreme and different compared to other music shows.
In every episode, talented hopefuls will try to steal a seat from one of the final four. Anyone can become a contestant at any time via submissions on the dedicated app, but only the best will be able to challenge the four finalists.
Throughout the show’s run, candidates have to win the audience’s hearts and hold on to their spot. The winner will ultimately be crowned in the season finale when the final four battle against each other.
Alan Azhibayev, CEO of Khabar Agency, said: “We are pleased to announce that a breakthrough show in the music industry world is now available for Kazakhstan viewers on Khabar channel. The audience of Khabar is always looking forward to music project for discovering new talent. We are sure The Four is exactly the show our viewers will like and it will spotlight brand new stars in Kazakhstan music.”
Avi Armoza, CEO of Armoza Formats, said: “As The Four continues to expand its global reach, we are happy to be working with Khabar TV to bring our entertaining prime time singing competition to Kazakhstan. The format continues to show its strength with emotional and dramatic seasons and we are looking forward to seeing what this adaptation will bring.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020