Talpa enters exclusive partnership with Dok1 Media
HILVERSUM – Talpa has entered into an exclusive partnership deal with Nicole Plas’ newly formed production company Dok1 Media in Belgium, giving Dok1 Media the exclusive rights to the complete Talpa Format Catalogue starting July 2018.
The newly formed collaboration follows Plas’ decision to step down as Managing Director of Endemol Shine Belgium after 23 years, to focus on her own projects.
Nicole Plas has an impressive record of producing reality and entertainment shows like Big Brother, Deal or No Deal, Star Academy and The Wall. During recent years, she also produced multiple shows for Talpa, including all seasons of The Voice and The Voice Kids.
Said Nicole Plas: “I’m very excited about this partnership with Talpa. I believe that Talpa will be an excellent partner and I look forward to a long-term collaboration and producing many great formats together.”
The first production Plas will produce under the Dok1 Media label will be The Voice Belgique season 8 for RTBF, expected to air Spring 2019. RTBF is the public broadcasting organisation of the French community in Belgium.
Talpa Media comprises Talpa Netherlands and Talpa Global. Talpa Netherlands consists of Talpa Content, the group’s in-house creative development unit for television formats and connected concepts, and Talpa Productions, the group’s TV production unit that produces the shows for the Netherlands. Talpa Fiction, the company’s scripted arm, MasMedia and Vorst Media are separate production units which focus on the development and production of formats.
Talpa Media’s global network includes Talpa North America, the division of Talpa Media based in Los Angeles, Talpa Middle East, headquartered in Dubai, as well as Talpa Germany with offices in Berlin and Hamburg. Other Talpa partnerships are based in the UK, Australia, France, Italy, the Nordic region, Sub-Saharan Africa and Portugal.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 49 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 40 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020