“Noticias Telemundo Fin De Semana” is still the top Spanish weekend newscast
MIAMI – Telemundo has announced that Noticias Telemundo Fin de Semana has ranked as the #1 Spanish-language weekend newscast among adults (18-49) and total viewers on Saturdays and Sundays since mid-June, according to Nielsen. This marks its fourth week in a row.
Anchored by Julio Vaqueiro, the newscast grew 48% compared to the program’s average in the prior four weeks, delivering an average 317,000 adults on Saturdays and Sundays at 6:30pm/5:30C, versus Noticiero Univisión Fin de Semana’s 246,000.
Among total viewers, Noticias Telemundo’s weekend newscast delivered an average of 732,000 total viewers during the last four weekends, versus Univision’s 711,000 total viewers for the same time period.
“We are delighted with these numbers, which are a result of the work of a great team committed to informing Latinos in the United States,” said Julio Vaqueiro, Noticias Telemundo Fin de Semana’s anchor. “Audiences are responding to our top-quality content and incisive investigative reporting presented under our commitment to ‘tell it like it is.’”
In addition, Noticias Telemundo’s nightly news anchored by José Díaz-Balart Mondays to Fridays at 6:30pm/5:30C delivered a 28% growth in adults from 279,000 to 356,000, during the last four weeks.
Noticias Telemundo is a leading news provider for US Hispanics. Its award-winning television news broadcasts, airing from the Telemundo Center, include the daily newscast Noticias Telemundo with José Díaz Balart; Noticias Telemundo Fin de Semana with Julio Vaqueiro, Noticias Telemundo Mediodía with Felicidad Aveleyra; the Un Nuevo Día news segment with Paulina Sodi; and the Sunday current affairs show Enfoque con José Díaz-Balart.
The Noticias Telemundo Digital Team provides continuous content to US Hispanics via its growing online and mobile platforms. Noticias Telemundo Investiga produces investigative reports and in-depth documentaries.
In addition, Noticias Telemundo produces award-winning news specials, documentaries and news events such as political debates, forums and town halls.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 74 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020