MIP Cancun launches second edition of Co-Production Forum
PARIS – For the second time, the MIP Cancun Co-Production Forum will give more than 180 producers, broadcasters, distributors, platforms, and financiers an opportunity to form new partnerships, with some new powerful names in the sector signed up for this year’s event.
The Co-Production Forum is an integral part of MIP Cancun, the only dedicated TV content trade event for Latin American and US Hispanic audiences, which takes place in the Mexican resort city from 14-16 November. The Forum features more than 2,200 prescheduled 1-to-1 meetings, plus a rich programme of discoveries and conferences. MIP Cancun is created by organiser Reed MIDEM.
With finding the correct partner having become a fundamental method of financing TV projects globally, the forum initiative aims to provide an efficient three days for business interactions due to targeted matchmaking, plus the opportunity to meet key decision-makers, build new creative connections, and generate actionable ideas.
Two leading trade organisations have confirmed their delegations: PACT, the trade association representing the commercial interests of UK independent television, film, digital, children’s and animation media companies; and ProMexico, the national agency responsible for promoting trade and investment, and which drives the country’s active participation in the international arena with a network spanning 48 countries.
“The flourishing Latin American market is clearly a key target for our organisation, which supports more than 450 UK production companies. Especially now that broadcasters in that part of the world are moving away from the traditional telenovela-style of drama – long runs, low budgets – into higher-end, shorter-run content that is much more aligned with the UK,” said Dawn McCarthy-Simpson, Director of International Strategy at PACT.
“MIP Cancun brings plenty of business opportunities to the Mexican production community and ProMexico is pleased to be an official partner since its inception. It’s important to highlight the attractiveness of content partnerships with Mexican Producers – content produced by Mexican TV companies is already watched by over a billion people in 100 countries, and the country had a production output of 175 theatrical film in 2017,” commented Cesar Fragozo, Head of Sectorial Development Unit at ProMexico.
Among top international and regional companies that have also confirmed their presence in Cancun are: Amazon Studios, Amazon Prime Video, Beta Films,Mediapro, Gloob – Globosat, FremantleMedia, Fox Networks Group, Sony Pictures Television, Turner Latin America, Ecuavisa, Mega, Cartoon Network Latinoamérica, SPR, National Geographic, CMO Producciones o Animal De Luz.
Both the Co-Production Forum and MIP Cancun’s signature Distribution Market share a similar format of pre-scheduled, matched meetings, in addition to extensive networking events. The fifth edition of MIP Cancun will once again be held at the Moon Palace Cancun resort. In total, over 700 delegates are expected to attend.
“Latin America is following the world trend toward collaborative creative partnerships for new content projects, and MIP Cancun is dedicated to providing an exceptional platform for developing these relationships. The presence of quality producers from the UK and Mexico only strengthens the level of opportunity,” said Ted Baracos, Director of MIP Cancun.
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Winsing Animation brings new content to MIPTV 42 views | posted on April 9, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020