Keshet confirms two more scripted commissions from Televisa
LONDON – Global content, media producer and distributor Keshet International (KI) has licensed to Televisa two additional scripted formats, Mythological Ex and The A Word, to be adapted for audiences in Mexico.
These two most recent orders are part of a larger strategic multi-project partnership in which the Mexico-based media giant commits to acquire rights to adapt four of KI’s scripted formats.
As with two previous deals – for the comedy dramas Loaded and Easy Money, locally entitled MINT (10×60’) and Mita y Mita (13×30’) respectively – both these latest Spanish language adaptations will be broadcast in Mexico.
Based on the Israeli series created and written by Segahi Avin, Mythological Ex (13×30’) is a comedy-drama which centres on a woman – who after a psychic tells her she has already dated her future husband, and that she will remain single unless she can locate him within the next 12 months – decides to revisit all her past relationships to determine who was, and will be, the love of her life.
Through a light blend of hilarious, heartfelt and hair-raising moments, each episode revolves around a new date with an old flame. It is anticipated that Mythological Ex will premiere later this year in a late-night comedy slot on Televisa’s flagship free to air channel, Las Estrellas.
The A Word is KI’s hit drama focusing on a family’s painful, and often humorous, journey of denial and introspection after their 5-year old son is diagnosed with autism. It is based on the award-winning Israeli drama Yellow Peppers, originally created, written and directed by Keren Margalit.
The UK adaptation of this heart-warming and emotionally engaging series for BBC One has run to two series and sold in over 80 territories to date, including the US (SundanceTV, Amazon, iTunes), Australia and New Zealand (BBC Australia), Sweden (SVT) and Brazil (Globosat). Televisa’s adaptation is expected to total 41×60’ episodes.
Kelly Wright, KI’s VP of Distribution and New Business, Latin America said: “We’ve loved the way Televisa’s visionary scripted team has already adapted Loaded and Easy Money, and we’re really looking forward to seeing how they work their magic on Mythological Ex and The A Word. Their adaptations are bold, stylish and bear the Televisa hallmark of warm, laugh-out-loud crowd-pleasers.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 52 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 50 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 36 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020