History’s hit drama “Vikings” returns in November
SAN DIEGO – History Channel’s hit drama series Vikings will return in November, as announced from the recent event San Diego Comic-Con International. An exclusive trailer from the mid-season five premiere was unveiled to nearly 5,000 fans during the Vikings cast panel held at Comic-Con.
In the mid-season five finale, the divide between the Lothbrok family climaxes with Ragnar’s sons battling each other to rule the world. The long-awaited faceoff ends with a strategic victory going to Ivar the Boneless (Alex Høgh Andersen) who vows vengeance on his betrayers with a direct target on Lagertha’s (Katheryn Winnick) back. Last seen in an unstable state and losing her appearance as a fierce Viking warrior, Lagertha is hopeful she will regain her spot in Kattegat as its rightful leader.
Season five returns on Wednesday, November 28, at 9PM ET/PT, with the arrival of a legendary Viking, the famous Duke Rollo (Clive Standen), who causes further upheaval in a Kattegat still reeling from Ivar the Boneless becoming its King. As Bjorn (Alexander Ludwig) and Lagertha flee Ivar’s murderous forces with Bishop Heahmund (Jonathan Rhys Meyers), Ivar’s tyrannical reign over Scandinavia ushers in a new Dark Age, the likes of which have never been seen.
Ultimately, Ivar’s reign will not go unchallenged by the sons of Ragnar and old enemies will become allies to defeat the despot who has declared himself a God on earth. Meanwhile in Iceland, Floki (Gustaf Skarsgård) battles the elements, and his own settlers’ desire for revenge, to forge a Viking colony on the beautiful and desolate landscape.
Across all platforms, the last season of Vikings averaged 11.2 million viewers per episode. Vikings is a top five drama across all of cable this year and finished its season as the #1 original series on cable on Wednesday nights among all key demographics (Live+SD). Vikings averaged 3.7 million total viewers in Live+7.
The twenty-episode season six of Vikings is currently in production in Ireland.
Vikings is the critically acclaimed series from creator and sole writer Michael Hirst (Academy Award winning film Elizabeth and the Emmy and Golden Globe nominated series The Tudors) and is a family saga that tells the remarkable tales of the lives and epic adventures of the raiders and explorers of the Dark Ages.
Hirst serves as executive producer along with Morgan O’Sullivan, James Flynn of TM Productions (The Count of Monte Cristo; The Tudors), Sheila Hockin (The Tudors, The Borgias), John Weber of Take 5 Productions (The Tudors, The Borgias), Sherry Marsh and Alan Gasmer. Arturo Interian is executive producer for History.
The series is an international Irish-Canadian co-production by TM Productions and Take 5 Productions. MGM Television serves as the worldwide distributor outside of Ireland and Canada. Vikings is produced in association with Corus Entertainment.
Watch the latest trailer for season five of Vikings on YouTube:
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 47 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 38 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020