CNBC expands Middle East footprint with new Dubai studio
DUBAI – Global business and financial news network CNBC has announced the expansion of its Middle East operations with a new studio set to open in October at Nasdaq Dubai.
The network will use the new base at MarketSite, part of Nasdaq Dubai’s new offices in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), to further enhance its editorial presence across the region. With MarketSite at the heart of Dubai’s financial hub, CNBC will speak to the business and government leaders helping shape the region’s economic future. MarketSite will host a range of thought leadership and capital markets activities.
Hamed Ali, Chief Executive of Nasdaq Dubai, said: “Hosting CNBC at our MarketSite studio is an important step forward in Nasdaq Dubai’s mission to promote understanding and thought leadership in capital markets and business, among market participants as well as the general public. As Nasdaq Dubai’s own markets as well as others grow in size and sophistication, accurate information and insight are critical to successful investing, business decision-making and the region’s links with other areas of the world.”
KC Sullivan, President and Managing Director of CNBC International, said: “Nasdaq Dubai is at the epicenter of Dubai’s business community making it the ideal location to deepen our focus on telling the regional business story to our global audience. This new studio will quickly become an integral part of our daily business news programming around the word.”
CNBC currently broadcasts its morning show Capital Connection, fronted by its Anchor Hadley Gamble, from its headquarters at Abu Dhabi Global Market. The network’s new Dubai studio will work in concert with programming across Abu Dhabi, Singapore and London aiming to broaden its regional footprint.
DIFC is home to more than 2,000 active registered companies, with a combined workforce of over 22,000 professionals. Dubai hosts the Middle East headquarters of many leading international businesses as well as its own prominent enterprises.
MarketSite will open soon as part of an office move by Nasdaq Dubai to larger premises within DIFC in a new building named ‘The Exchange’. MarketSite will feature an event space for market-opening bell ringings and seminars by issuers and other companies, attracting global visibility.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 95 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 77 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 63 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Sky TV’s entertainment streaming service, Neon, introduces a revamped platform powered by Evergent 41 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020