CBS All Access comes to Android TV devices in Canada
The service, which launched in Canada in April, marking its first expansion into an international market, offers Canadian viewers more than 7,500 commercial-free episodes on demand spanning full current seasons of select CBS series, entire previous seasons and classic shows, as well as the ability to livestream CBSN, CBS News’ 24/7 streaming news service.
“The addition of Android TV to CBS All Access’ distribution in Canada marks a new milestone in the growth of our service in its first international market,” said Rob Gelick, Executive Vice President and General Manager, CBS Entertainment Digital.
“In addition to CBS All Access’ ongoing expansion to new platforms, we’re also expanding the premium content available for Canadian subscribers, including our recently launched exclusive original series Strange Angel.”
For $5.99 CAD a month, CBS All Access brings thousands of episodes of CBS’ leading programming to digital platforms, making it simple for fans looking for more CBS content to get it in one easy-to-use, multiplatform service. CBS All Access includes the following on-demand programming in an advertising-free environment, with more to be added:
- Current, building seasons of nearly 20 primetime shows including NCIS, BULL, SEAL TEAM, MACGYVER and INSTINCT, with new episodes available seven days after they are broadcast.
- All past seasons of 15 primetime series including NCIS, Survivor, Elementary, Madam Secretary and more.
- CBS All Access original series including Strange Angel, streaming now with new episodes dropping every Thursday, the first season of The Good Fight, and comedy series No Activity, with more to be announced.
- Ability to livestream CBSN, CBS News’ 24/7 streaming news service featuring live, anchored coverage and original reporting.
- Current episodes of select daytime and late-night favorites including The Talk, Rachael Ray and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
- More than 30 CBS Classic series, including all episodes of hits like Charmed, The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-O and CSI.
In addition to the launch on Android TV, CBS All Access is also available in Canada at cbsallaccess.ca, on iOS and Android mobile and tablet devices, and on Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
To sign up for CBS All Access in Canada, visit cbsallaccess.ca.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 125 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021