AMC Networks chooses Planetcast’s Cloud.X playout platform to power Asia operations
NEW DELHI – Indian TV broadcast technologies leader Planetcast Media Services has announced that AMC Networks International (AMCNI) Asia-Pacific has deployed the company’s innovative cloud playout and distribution platform Cloud.X to power its channel operations in Asia. Through the symbiotic partnership, Planetcast is engaging its latest cloud platform to playout and distribute five HD channels of AMCNI in Southeast Asia.
“In an ever-evolving entertainment environment, we are pleased to be a part of Planetcast’s distribution services. We have been impressed with the Planetcast team’s dedication to provide consistent quality support as well as its willingness to adapt and innovate in order to meet quickly changing demands,” said Harold Gronenthal, Executive Vice President, Programming & Operations, AMCNI.
AMC is home to some of the most popular and acclaimed programs on television. AMC was the first basic cable network to ever win the Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series with Mad Men in 2008, which then went on to win the coveted award four years in a row, before Breaking Bad won it in 2013 and 2014. AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.
Commenting on the development, M.N. Vyas, Executive Director, Planetcast Media Services said: “Cloud based platforms are becoming increasingly popular as they offer immense flexibility and scalability to customers. Cloud Playout enables the customers to retain total control of their operations and make crucial strategy tweaks at operations level that make all the difference.
“Having said that, we are delighted to partner with AMCNI to deliver innovative cloud based solution for their TV channel operations in Southeast Asia and we strongly believe that they will leverage the power of our cloud platform to further boost their business,” he added.
Planetcast offers broadcasters an alternative collaborative way of packaging and playing out their channels from anywhere in the world, and delivering to any head-end via cloud. Planetcast’s deployed cutting edge technology provides secure transit on the cloud with broadcast quality signal for further distribution. Content is distributed in various forms and formats with complete security. Planetcast’s in-house designed and developed solution, offers broadcasters a new way of sending TV signals from point to point in either DVB-ASI or MPEG-TS over IP.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 75 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 74 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020