WildBrain’s first co-production to launch on YouTube
LONDON – Digital kids’ network and studio WildBrain has signed an agreement with Brazil-based animation studio Alopra to co-produce season two of Hydro and Fluid, a fast-paced slapstick comedy series, on YouTube. This marks the first-ever co-production for the WildBrain studio.
Under the agreement, WildBrain has acquired a 50% stake in seasons one and two of Hydro and Fluid. Highlighting WildBrain’s ongoing strategy to invest in new and original content production, the agreement underscores the studio’s ability to co-produce animated, original content for a global audience.
Jo Parkinson, WildBrain’s Head of Operations said: “In just five months of managing Hydro and Fluid on our network, WildBrain has garnered more than 50 million views and over 200 million minutes of watch time for season one. Now as co-producers, we’re excited to team up with Alopra for an all-new original second season, and we’re confident there’s plenty of room to further grow the YouTube audience for this unique and funny show,”
Nicholas Paim, CEO of Alopra Studio and director of Hydro and Fluid said: “Audiences are sure to love the new content, as it incorporates all the elements of comedy and sillyness that they initially fell in love with. With the WildBrain team on board, we look forward to building on the success of the first season.”
Since signing on to manage season one on YouTube in January 2018, WildBrain has leveraged its branded hub channels and the official Hydro and Fluid channel to amass more than 50 million views and over 200 million minutes of watch time for the series’ content.
With the upcoming second season scheduled to launch on YouTube in July, WildBrain anticipates that it will further grow the series’ online audience and create future potential broadcast opportunities.
In the series, characters Hydro and Fluid are two water capsules who ran away from their laboratory after gaining life in an experiment that went wrong. Through their engaging yet mischievous nature, they showcase different science experiments that can be reproduced by audience members at home.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.4k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 69 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020