WildBrain’s first co-production to launch on YouTube
LONDON – Digital kids’ network and studio WildBrain has signed an agreement with Brazil-based animation studio Alopra to co-produce season two of Hydro and Fluid, a fast-paced slapstick comedy series, on YouTube. This marks the first-ever co-production for the WildBrain studio.
Under the agreement, WildBrain has acquired a 50% stake in seasons one and two of Hydro and Fluid. Highlighting WildBrain’s ongoing strategy to invest in new and original content production, the agreement underscores the studio’s ability to co-produce animated, original content for a global audience.
Jo Parkinson, WildBrain’s Head of Operations said: “In just five months of managing Hydro and Fluid on our network, WildBrain has garnered more than 50 million views and over 200 million minutes of watch time for season one. Now as co-producers, we’re excited to team up with Alopra for an all-new original second season, and we’re confident there’s plenty of room to further grow the YouTube audience for this unique and funny show,”
Nicholas Paim, CEO of Alopra Studio and director of Hydro and Fluid said: “Audiences are sure to love the new content, as it incorporates all the elements of comedy and sillyness that they initially fell in love with. With the WildBrain team on board, we look forward to building on the success of the first season.”
Since signing on to manage season one on YouTube in January 2018, WildBrain has leveraged its branded hub channels and the official Hydro and Fluid channel to amass more than 50 million views and over 200 million minutes of watch time for the series’ content.
With the upcoming second season scheduled to launch on YouTube in July, WildBrain anticipates that it will further grow the series’ online audience and create future potential broadcast opportunities.
In the series, characters Hydro and Fluid are two water capsules who ran away from their laboratory after gaining life in an experiment that went wrong. Through their engaging yet mischievous nature, they showcase different science experiments that can be reproduced by audience members at home.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 46 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020