TVU Networks to provide equipment and connectivity throughout Russia for FIFA World Cup
BARCELONA – Global technology and live IP video innovation leader TVU Networks is set to provide rental packages and on-the-ground technical support throughout the FIFA World Cup in all 12 Russian cities that will be hosting matches.
Over 150 pieces of TVU Networks equipment and local SIM cards are currently lined up to enable broadcasters to successfully deliver matches and tournament news to consumers across the globe.
Solutions hired include the TVU One, which transmits signals over 3G, 4G/LTE wireless portable and fixed video transmitters. Small and lightweight, the portable solution for remote, anywhere live broadcast and streaming also incorporates TVU’s proprietary technology Inverse StatMux Plus (IS+).
This secures bandwidth by transmitting the video signal over multiple channels simultaneously. This technology enables broadcasters of the tournament to guarantee their top-tier connectivity at the event by being able to push a larger amount of data over the network. This results in better picture signal and ultimately, higher picture quality for viewers.
Inverse StatMux Plus also combats network instability through intelligently monitoring each network connection in real-time, making corrections and adjustments as network conditions change. This is ideal for the broadcasters who want to ensure that relevant video footage of the tournament is delivered in high resolution with low latency to traditional television sets, laptops and mobile phones alike. Use of the HEVC/H.265 video compression standard also reduces video production costs as less data is used while shots are still of the highest quality.
“TVU Networks has the solutions required for live video broadcasting of high profile national and global events from sports tournaments through to coronations, natural disasters and elections,” explained Paul Shen, CEO, TVU Networks.
“We are constantly looking for ways to help our customers reduce their video production costs while allowing them to deliver the best live shot regardless of the transmission environment. We’re excited to be part of this world-renowned sports event and look forward to supporting broadcasters using TVU equipment, whether owned or hired, at this event and many other international sport competitions in the future.”
TVU Networks staff have travelled to each of the 12 venues in Russia to deliver, set up and test the equipment. Many customers have arranged to pick up their orders from registered venues, such as hotels, in Moscow where TVU’s logistics office is based. The company’s solutions are relied upon by many of the biggest names in sports to deliver live video to any sized audience to view on multiple broadcast and online platforms.
TVU Networks has over 2,500 customers in more than 85 countries. The TVU Networks family of IP transmission and live production solutions gives broadcasters and organisations a reliable workflow to distribute live video content to broadcast, online and mobile platforms.
Having become a critical part of the operations of many major media companies, the TVU Networks suite of solutions has been used to acquire, transmit, produce, manage and distribute professional-quality live IP HD footage as an integral part of news, sports and major global events.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 251 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 80 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 78 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021