PARIS – Boutique co-producer and distributor About Premium Content (APC) has inked a deal with BBC One for female-fronted drama thriller Keeping Faith. It will air in UK primetime on BBC One from this summer.
Produced by Vox Pictures for S4C and BBC Wales and gap-financed by APC’s financial partner Nevision, Keeping Faith garnered a 20-year ratings’ high when it debuted on BBC Wales. The series has also proved a record-breaker on BBC iPlayer, with over 9.5 million requests to view – the highest ever number recorded for any non-network show.
Shot in both English and Welsh, S4C and BBC Wales have recently confirmed that a second instalment of the hit series is in development. APC had already secured a co-production deal with Acorn Media Enterprises for all rights across the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, plus home entertainment in the UK & Eire, and is now handling all UK and international sales.
Laurent Boissel, Joint-CEO and Co-Founder at APC adds: “The audience response to Keeping Faith has been both incredible, and richly deserved by the fantastic team behind the project. It is a compelling and original drama with a captivating lead in Eve Myles – we know UK viewers will be hooked from the very first episode.”
Starring Eve Myles (Victoria, Torchwood, Broadchurch), Keeping Faith (8×52’) is an emotionally intricate and intimate thriller which centres on a woman who discovers the man she loves is a stranger. Faith Howells’ husband leaves for work one day but never arrives, and it becomes apparent that he has been leading a double life. Following this revelation Faith must fight to protect her family and her sanity as she is propelled into a lonely, frantic search in which she discovers as much about her unexplored self as her missing husband.
Vox Pictures’ Pip Broughton directed and produced the returning series which was created and written by Matthew Hall (Wing and a Prayer, New Street Law), Sian Naomi (The Indian Doctor), Anwen Huws (Gwaith / Cartref) and co-produced by Nora Ostler. Andy Newbery also directed.
Adrian Bate is the Executive Producer for Vox Pictures while Gwawr Martha Lloyd and Gethin Scourfield are Executive Producers for S4C. Maggie Russell is the Executive Producer for BBC Wales. James Cabourne and Shane Murphy are Executive Producers for Nevision and AME respectively.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 119 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 74 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021