Nordic Entertainment Group extends exclusive Formula 1 rights
STOCKHOLM – Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has reached agreement with Formula 1 regarding the extension of its exclusive media rights to Formula 1 in Denmark, Norway and Sweden until 2021.
NENT Group will offer fans every practice session, qualifier and race from the world’s most popular motorsport competition over the next three seasons live on a combination of its Viaplay streaming service, and free TV and pay TV channels.
The latest Formula 1 season kicked into gear on 25 March with the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix and spans a total of 21 Grand Prix races from around the world. Sweden’s Marcus Ericsson and Denmark’s Kevin Magnussen both share the track with the reigning Drivers’ Champion Lewis Hamilton, who has his sights set on becoming only the third driver in history to claim a fifth world title.
For the next three seasons, every high-octane Formula 1 race, including all practice and qualifying sessions, will be shown live on a combination of NENT Group’s platforms, with full commentary and expert analysis in local languages.
Kim Mikkelsen, NENT Group SVP and Head of Sport, said: “As the Nordic home of motorsport, we’ve been bringing the global Formula 1 spectacle to viewers in Denmark, Norway and Sweden since 2005. We’ve fine-tuned an exceptional product with the very best local commentary and analysis from grid to podium, and fans can look forward to following Kevin Magnussen, Marcus Ericsson and many more stars in the years ahead.”
Ian Holmes, Formula 1 Director of Media Rights, said: “We have worked with MTG for more than a decade and they have continued to provide fantastic coverage of Formula 1. As the leading and most innovative entertainment company in the Nordic region, MTG’s NENT Group is the right home for F1 racing. We look forward to continuing our relationship and working collaboratively with them on the F1 TV Pro OTT service and, in so doing, taking our partnership to new levels in the coming years.”
In addition, NENT Group and Formula 1 will together offer an additional streaming service from the start of the 2019 season at the latest. The service will provide extended coverage and in-depth race information to the most dedicated F1 fans.
Further motorsport rights held by NENT Group include NASCAR, V8 Supercars, MotoGP and speedway (Nordic region); and Formula 2™, Porsche Supercup, Race of Champions and Formula Renault Eurocup (Denmark, Norway and Sweden).
NENT Group shows more than 50,000 hours of the world’s best live sporting action every year on its TV channels and streaming services, including NHL and KHL ice hockey, UEFA Champions League, English Premier League, NFL American football, boxing, UFC and golf.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 115 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 71 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 63 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021