HBO Asia has announced that their online streaming service HBO GO is now available in Indonesia to all First Media customers who are eligible HBO subscribers. In Asia, HBO GO is also currently available in Hong Kong, Philippines and Singapore.
Subscribers of HBO GO can stream their favourite Hollywood movies, HBO Original and HBO Asia Original programmes anytime, anywhere via the internet on their computer, or on their mobile devices through the HBO GO App (from App Store or Google Play). HBO GO now has new features including download capabilities of HBO Original programmes and selected Hollywood movies from HBO GO’s extensive video-on-demand library and live TV streaming of HBO Asia’s bouquet of channels.
“With HBO GO’s streaming and download capabilities, HBO GO subscribers will now have more options to access our ever-expanding repertoire of HBO Originals and HBO Asia Originals as well as numerous Hollywood blockbuster movies anytime, anywhere,” said Mr. Jonathan Spink, CEO of HBO Asia.
In Indonesia, the HBO GO service is currently available as a free value-added service to First Media customers with subscription to eligible HBO packs. More information is available on First Media’s website. For more information on HBO GO, interested parties can visit https://www.hbogoasia.com.
New Features on HBO GO
Online streaming service HBO GO has been given a boost with several new and improved features, an enhanced user experience and a refreshed new look.
HBO GO subscribers will have unlimited access to stream a wide range of Hollywood blockbusters as well as over 1,500 hours of award-winning HBO Original and HBO Asia Original series and movies.
In addition, subscribers will now have the flexibility of catching their favourite HBO Original programmes, same time as the U.S. and without an internet connection, with the newly-enabled download feature added to all HBO Original titles.
All original U.S. versions of HBO Original content, including Emmy award-winning series such as Game Of Thrones, Big Little Lies and Westworld, as well as HBO Asia Original series such as The Teenage Psychic and Miss Sherlock, will all be available for download and offline viewing. Selected movie titles will also be available for downloads such as La La Land, Moonlight, Miss Sloane and John Wick: Chapter 2.
HBO GO also includes the new Live TV capability where all HBO Asia’s bouquet of channels, HBO HD, HBO Hits, HBO Family, HBO Signature and Cinemax, will be available live in real time on HBO GO via the internet.
About HBO GO
HBO GO is an internet-based streaming service that allows subscribers to enjoy Hollywood blockbusters and exclusive HBO Originals – including series, movies, documentaries, on desktops over PCs, MACs, iOS/Android mobile and tablet devices, anytime, anywhere. The HBO GO App can be downloaded from App Store or Google Play and can be used on PC/Mac and smart phones and tablets running on iOS and Android.
HBO GO is available 24/7 on five registered devices, subject to two concurrent streams, and has Airplay and Chromecast functionalities. Subscribers will be able to download up to 20 pieces of content for each account across all registered devices, subject to storage capacities for each device. Downloaded content will be available for 28 days after download and will expire 48 hours after the first viewing.
Other features available on HBO GO include:
- Improved content discovery with the Watchlist feature where users can create a personalised list of shows or movies to watch while they are available on HBO GO.
- Parental Control feature that enables parents to restrict their children’s access to certain types of content depending on the selected age guidance.
- To ensure an optimal viewing experience on HBO GO, all content on HBO GO will be offered in true HD quality, subject to available bandwidth.
- The Video Continuity feature allows users to continue where they left off even when they switch between registered devices.
- Subtitles are available for series and select movies, subject to original language of content.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021