HBO Asia clinches 13 wins at the PromaxBDA Awards
SINGAPORE – HBO Asia bagged a total of 13 wins at the recent 2018 PromaxBDA Global Excellence Awards held recently in the US. The wins include 4 Gold, 2 Silver and 7 Bronze Awards.
Celebrating outstanding achievement in entertainment across every screen, on-air, online and on-the go, the PromaxBDA Awards competition is recognized worldwide as the standard of excellence in promotion, design, branding and digital. The PromaxBDA Global awards honour excellence in the international media marketing space and are regarded as the most prestigious awards for creative endeavour.
The winning HBO Asia entries at the 2018 PromaxBDA Global Excellence Awards include the promotional trailers for HBO Originals: Sands of Time and the 2017 Oscars Image Spot which took home three awards each.
Three other entries – HBO GO Image Spot, HBO Sizzle 2018 as well as the MAX by HBO Rocky Campaign – were each recognised with 2 awards; while the HBO FAMILY Sing Along trailer clinched a Gold award.
Refer to the table below for the list of categories and awards won. The respective hyperlinks can be clicked to view the winning entries.
|Entry Title||Category Name||Award|
|HBO Originals: Sands of Time||Online, Cable, or Satellite: Image Spot||Gold|
|Channel Image Promotion||Silver|
|HBO 2017 Oscars Image Spot||Holiday/Seasonal/Special Event Spot||Gold|
|Channel Promo: Holiday or Special Event Spot||Bronze|
|Channel Image Promotion||Bronze|
|HBO GO Image Spot||Channel Website Or App Promotion||Gold|
|Online, Cable, or Satellite: Image Spot||Bronze|
|HBO Sizzle 2018||Internal Marketing or Sizzle||Silver|
|External Marketing or Sizzle||Bronze|
|MAX by HBO Rocky Campaign||In-House Program Campaign||Bronze|
|Block of Programs Spots or Campaign||Bronze|
|HBO FAMILY Sing Along||Daytime Program Spot||Gold|
The 2018 Global Excellence PromaxBDA Promotion, Marketing and Design Awards ceremony was held on Thursday, 14 June 2018 at the New York Midtown Hilton.
Singapore-based HBO Asia brings the best of Hollywood to Asia first through its exclusive licensing deals with major Hollywood and independent studios, including Paramount Pictures, Universal Studios, Warner Bros., Lionsgate and DreamWorks Animation. HBO Asia has proprietary and award-winning HBO and HBO Asia Original programmes produced exclusively for HBO viewers.
Wholly owned by HBO, HBO Asia reaches 23 territories across Asia with five 24-hour commercial-free subscription movie channels: HBO, HBO Signature, HBO Family, HBO Hits and Cinemax; an Asian movie channel, Red by HBO; internet streaming platform, HBO GO; subscription video on demand service, HBO On Demand; and a branded SVOD service in China, Ding Ji Ju Chang.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 317 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 52 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 45 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 39 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020