Global Tving to livestream “Produce 48” worldwide
SEOUL – CJ E&M’s newly launched over-the-top (OTT) service Global Tving will live-stream K-pop reality series Produce 48 starting in June. Global fans can watch every episode of the highly anticipated music show online and mobile as it is simultaneously broadcast live in South Korea.
Launched on 11 June, Global Tving is an international version of Tving – one of South Korea’s major streaming platforms. Aiming to offer a wide array of CJ E&M’s original series to global audiences, it has become the first OTT platform in South Korea to service TV broadcast abroad.
The first addition to its library, Produce 48 is the third season of the highly successful Produce 101 series. The reality series is well known for its formation of popular K-pop bands such as Wanna One and I.O.I throughout the competition.
In this season, 96 trainees from South Korea and Japan join to debut as the first Korean-Japanese girl band selected by the public. A collaboration project between Mnet series Produce 101 and J-pop idol group AKB48, Produce 48 is already garnering strong momentum, with the trailer clip achieving over 8 million views on YouTube.
Meanwhile, simultaneous broadcast information for Produce 48 is as follows:
- CJ E&M’s flagship channel Mnet and Tving in South Korea, every Friday 2300 KST starting from 15 June
- BS SKY Perfect TV! channel in Japan
- Global Tving available on PC and mobile (http://global.tving.com), Android and IOS app in worldwide territories
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020