Eutelsat to broadcast 5,500 hours of FIFA World Cup content
PARIS – For the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, Eutelsat Communications has announced that capacity equivalent to 5,500 hours of HD transmissions has been booked by several TV channels and service providers ahead of the global event held from 14 June to 15 July.
In addition to the regular broadcast capacity booked by Eutelsat’s customers, capacity on five Eutelsat satellites will uplink signals from 11 cities across Russia during the month-long event. These satellites include Eutelsat 7A, 10A, 16A, 33E and 36B.
Delivering content to television networks based in Europe, Russia and the Americas, the event showcases the essential role satellite plays in providing global coverage, particularly in key international sporting events.
Eutelsat’s satellites form part of the broadcast infrastructure mobilised to enable millions of viewers to benefit from a wide-range of content, including not just the football matches, but also pre- and post-match interviews, coverage of team training, and the daily life of soccer fans.
Founded in 1977, Eutelsat Communications is one of the world’s leading satellite operators. With a global fleet of satellites and associated ground infrastructure, Eutelsat enables clients across video, data, government, fixed and mobile broadband markets to communicate effectively to their customers, irrespective of their location.
Over 6,800 television channels operated by leading media groups are broadcast by Eutelsat to one billion viewers equipped for DTH reception or connected to terrestrial networks. Headquartered in Paris, with offices and teleports around the globe, Eutelsat assembles 1,000 men and women from 46 countries.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 52 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020