SEOUL, KOREA – CJ E&M’s new music variety show The Call has kicked-off with a staggering peak viewership rate of 3.2%, both first two episodes rating highest among ages 15 to 34 and 20 to 49 within all cable programs in the same time slot.
Created by I Can See Your Voice producers, The Call aims to present a fresh music experience that transcends genres and generations through legendary collaborations among the top artists in Korea.
The Call features four unrevealed secret line-up of soloists and four prominent artists, where the latter picks up the phone to ‘call’ the artist they want to collaborate with judging only on their vocals and silhouette.
The first two episodes showcased four renowned artists, Shin Seung-hun, Kim Jong-kook, Wheesung and Kim Bum-soo, and their collaborations with a secret lineup, which includes K-pop diva Ailee, Show Me the Money star BewhY, Boy band Block-B’s main vocalist Taeil and Asia Prince Hwang Chiyeul.
Chief producer Lee Sun-young, who also spearheaded hit series I Can Hear Your Voice, said: “If I Can Hear Your Voice provided an opportunity for ordinary people to take the stage and fulfill their dreams of becoming a singer, the Call offers dream collaboration performances from already renown artists to present the ultimate music experience for the audiences as well as the performers.”
Meanwhile, Lee Sun-young’s latest production I Can Hear Your Voice has achieved global recognition, with its format adapted and broadcasted in nine countries worldwide, including China, Romania, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam. I Can Hear Your Voice is the first South Korean variety show to have been exported to three different European countries.
The Call simultaneously airs on CJ E&M’s flagship channel Mnet and tvN every Friday.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 48 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020