CBS Studios signs licensing agreement with Japan’s U-Next
LOS ANGELES & TOKYO – CBS Studios International has announced a multi-series, multi-year content licensing agreement with one of Japan’s largest SVOD platforms, U-Next. The agreement is the first of its kind between the two companies.
U-Next subscribers will have access to over 1300 episodes of current and past programming from CBS Television Studios, including the NCIS franchise (NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans), Elementary, Hawaii Five-0, The Good Wife and for the first time in Japan, Reign.
Since U-Next launched in 2007 it has rapidly become one of the top SVOD platforms in the market, with the largest catalogue of programming across all of the on-demand services in Japan.
“CBS’s broad, mass appeal programming is perfectly suited to a market like Japan, where there is a huge appetite for consuming content across many different devices and platforms,” said Barry Chamberlain, President of Sales, CBS Studios International. “This is our first deal with U-Next and we look forward to building on the relationship in the future.”
“As one of the largest domestic digital entertainment companies in Japan, U-Next has the reach and ability to make a mark on the Japanese entertainment industry. We are constantly striving to push the boundaries of the Japanese market, something that we feel CBS programming provides,” said Tenshin Tsutsumi, CEO of U-Next Japan.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020