CBS Studios signs licensing agreement with Japan’s U-Next
LOS ANGELES & TOKYO – CBS Studios International has announced a multi-series, multi-year content licensing agreement with one of Japan’s largest SVOD platforms, U-Next. The agreement is the first of its kind between the two companies.
U-Next subscribers will have access to over 1300 episodes of current and past programming from CBS Television Studios, including the NCIS franchise (NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans), Elementary, Hawaii Five-0, The Good Wife and for the first time in Japan, Reign.
Since U-Next launched in 2007 it has rapidly become one of the top SVOD platforms in the market, with the largest catalogue of programming across all of the on-demand services in Japan.
“CBS’s broad, mass appeal programming is perfectly suited to a market like Japan, where there is a huge appetite for consuming content across many different devices and platforms,” said Barry Chamberlain, President of Sales, CBS Studios International. “This is our first deal with U-Next and we look forward to building on the relationship in the future.”
“As one of the largest domestic digital entertainment companies in Japan, U-Next has the reach and ability to make a mark on the Japanese entertainment industry. We are constantly striving to push the boundaries of the Japanese market, something that we feel CBS programming provides,” said Tenshin Tsutsumi, CEO of U-Next Japan.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 97 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 79 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 67 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020