AB International Distribution (Mediawan group) has sold the french rights’ of the television series Babylon Berlin (16 x 45 min) to the CANAL+ group, which will be broadcast on CANAL+ later in 2018.
Valérie Vleeschhouwer, Groupe AB’s Deputy Chief Executive Officer, is delighted with this deal: “We are thrilled with the trust granted by the CANAL+ group, which will bring to Babylon Berlin the visibility and recognition this program deserves”.
This international television series, based on Volker Kutscher’s best-selling novels, directed by Tom Tykwer (Sense8, Perfume, etc.) with a M€40 budget, is an outstanding project for a non-spoken English program. It gathers the biggest European, global co-producers and rights buyers (including Netflix US, DR Denmark, and Movistar/Telefonica). The series has broken audience records in Germany and in the United Kingdom, and achieved the best launch for a non-English language series.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 120 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 76 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021