Jean-Claude Tshipama joins Eutelsat to head up Broadband in Africa
PARIS – Eutelsat Communications (ETL) announced having finalised the staffing of its teams in charge of broadband activities with the appointment of Jean-Claude Tshipama, who will be heading Broadband in Africa to promote satellite broadband connectivity in Africa.
A seasoned expert in Africa’s telecommunications with an executive MBA and a Master’s degree in economics, Jean-Claude Tshipama started his career in the telecommunications industry in the 2000s. He was the Commercial Director of Celtel in DR Congo, Director of sales and distribution at Digicel Group and later Director of sales and distribution for Africa at Microsoft Corporation. More recently, he served as CEO of Canal+ in DR Congo. He sits as a non-executive Director on the Board of Equity Bank in Kenya.
In his new role as CEO of Broadband in Africa, Jean-Claude Tshipama’s core mission will be to ensure that Eutelsat’s broadband business is successfully deployed across Africa, drawing on the in-orbit resources of the Al Yah 3 satellite which will operate the service after entering operational service during next summer. The operation of the Al Yah 3 satellite will be followed next year by the launch of the KONNECT satellite.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 47 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 38 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020