APOS BALI – HOOQ – the largest Video on Demand service in Southeast Asia, officially concludes its inaugural HOOQ Filmmakers Guild, and crowns India’s submission of Bhak as its winner. HOOQ will be funding a full season of Bhak that will live exclusively on its platform. Bhak was up against five other pilots from Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand, all of which were selected from over 500 submissions across Asia.
Bhak, India’s top entry, is a colourful dramedy that follows the adventures of two ambitious young filmmakers who, after being pushed around by Bollywood, decide to take matters into their own hands leading to a vicious, yet hilarious roller-coaster ride of frustration, passion, betrayal, and love for Indian cinema. Bhak is written and directed by Arjun Chatterjee and Shreyom Ghosh from Big3 Media. Starring Sreecharan Rachakonda, Harssh Singh, Priyanka Nath, Akash Arora, and Balaji Manohar, Bhak explores themes of passion, betrayal and love, all while looking at the struggle of independent filmmakers with an acerbic wit.
HOOQ FILMMAKERS GUILD RETURNS FOR A SECOND SEASON IN 2018
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 50 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020