APOS BALI – HOOQ – the largest Video on Demand service in Southeast Asia, officially concludes its inaugural HOOQ Filmmakers Guild, and crowns India’s submission of Bhak as its winner. HOOQ will be funding a full season of Bhak that will live exclusively on its platform. Bhak was up against five other pilots from Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand, all of which were selected from over 500 submissions across Asia.
Bhak, India’s top entry, is a colourful dramedy that follows the adventures of two ambitious young filmmakers who, after being pushed around by Bollywood, decide to take matters into their own hands leading to a vicious, yet hilarious roller-coaster ride of frustration, passion, betrayal, and love for Indian cinema. Bhak is written and directed by Arjun Chatterjee and Shreyom Ghosh from Big3 Media. Starring Sreecharan Rachakonda, Harssh Singh, Priyanka Nath, Akash Arora, and Balaji Manohar, Bhak explores themes of passion, betrayal and love, all while looking at the struggle of independent filmmakers with an acerbic wit.
HOOQ FILMMAKERS GUILD RETURNS FOR A SECOND SEASON IN 2018
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 95 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 77 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 63 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Sky TV’s entertainment streaming service, Neon, introduces a revamped platform powered by Evergent 41 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020