GMA Network sustained its lead in the nationwide television ratings competition in the first quarter of 2018 based on the latest data from Nielsen TV Audience Measurement, the industry’s widely-trusted ratings service provider.
GMA continued to lead in NUTAM’s morning block with a people audience share of 40.5 percent versus ABS-CBN’s 35.6 percent, while maintaining its strong performance in the afternoon block with 46.2 percent as against its rival’s 36.2 percent.
The Kapuso Network likewise won across all day parts in its bailiwicks, Urban Luzon and Mega Manila, which respectively account for 72 and 59 percent of all urban viewers in the country.
In Urban Luzon, GMA posted a total day people audience share of 47.4 percent versus its competition’s 32.4 percent.
With official data from January to March 24, the Kapuso Network consistently ruled in Mega Manila with a 50.3 percent total day people audience share while ABS-CBN only picked up 28.5 percent.
Award-winning news magazine program Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (KMJS) remained the most watched GMA show nationwide in the first quarter and was followed by primetime drama series Kambal, Karibal.
Joining KMJS and Kambal, Karibal in the list of top-rating programs in NUTAM were Magpakailanman, Super Ma’am, Pepito Manaloto, 24 Oras,Sherlock Jr., All-Star Videoke, Daig Kayo ng Lola Ko, Ika-6 na Utos, 24 Oras Weekend, The One That Got Away, Sirkus, My Korean Jagiya, Imbestigador, Eat Bulaga, and Tadhana.
GMA also dominated the lists of top-rating programs in both Urban Luzon and Mega Manila respectively claiming 21and 24 spots out of the top 30 shows, respectively.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020