GMA Network sustained its lead in the nationwide television ratings competition in the first quarter of 2018 based on the latest data from Nielsen TV Audience Measurement, the industry’s widely-trusted ratings service provider.
GMA continued to lead in NUTAM’s morning block with a people audience share of 40.5 percent versus ABS-CBN’s 35.6 percent, while maintaining its strong performance in the afternoon block with 46.2 percent as against its rival’s 36.2 percent.
The Kapuso Network likewise won across all day parts in its bailiwicks, Urban Luzon and Mega Manila, which respectively account for 72 and 59 percent of all urban viewers in the country.
In Urban Luzon, GMA posted a total day people audience share of 47.4 percent versus its competition’s 32.4 percent.
With official data from January to March 24, the Kapuso Network consistently ruled in Mega Manila with a 50.3 percent total day people audience share while ABS-CBN only picked up 28.5 percent.
Award-winning news magazine program Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho (KMJS) remained the most watched GMA show nationwide in the first quarter and was followed by primetime drama series Kambal, Karibal.
Joining KMJS and Kambal, Karibal in the list of top-rating programs in NUTAM were Magpakailanman, Super Ma’am, Pepito Manaloto, 24 Oras,Sherlock Jr., All-Star Videoke, Daig Kayo ng Lola Ko, Ika-6 na Utos, 24 Oras Weekend, The One That Got Away, Sirkus, My Korean Jagiya, Imbestigador, Eat Bulaga, and Tadhana.
GMA also dominated the lists of top-rating programs in both Urban Luzon and Mega Manila respectively claiming 21and 24 spots out of the top 30 shows, respectively.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020