CJ E&M HK strengthens original productions with winning CJ formats
Since the launch of dedicated feed in Singapore and Malaysia in 2017, tvN Asia has been continuously providing 24-hour express dramas to viewers, as well as curating special thematic blocks that best fit their needs. In the first quarter of 2018, it presented audience with heartrending series Mother and emotionally-stirring drama My Mister. Following the strong suit is highly anticipated romance comedy, What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim, starring heartthrob Park Seo-joon and Park Min-young. The drama is an adaptation of popular web comics of the eponymous novel. Audience will once again be charmed by Park Seo-joon after his critically acclaimed appearance in Na PD’s top-rated variety show, Youn’s Kitchen S2, which broke rating records in Korea.
Over to its Korean movie channel business, CJ E&M HK continues to work aggressively on expanding the coverage of tvN Movies. Celebrating the 1st anniversary of its launch, tvN Movies has brought on board 5 pay TV / OTT operators servicing 5 territories across the region. The world’s first and only Korean movie channel has truly outgrown itself to become the Home of Korean Blockbusters: among the Top 20 highest grossing Korean films1, it garnered the pay TV & OTT rights of 16 titles, including A Taxi Driver, Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds, Confidential Assignment, to name a few, specific territories apply. Its effort paid off as tvN Movies’ viewership ratings dominate all Asian movie channels during both whole day and primetime hours in Malaysia2.
To cope with its growing affiliate network, CJ E&M HK welcomes channel distribution veteran Tina Cai to join its Singapore Branch as Director, Affiliate Sales and Business Development. With 12 years of content distribution media experience embracing various cultures, from India’s Zee Network, to US’ Viacom International Media Networks Asia, to Europe’s Endemol Shine Southeast Asia, and now Korea’s CJ E&M, Tina’s expertise in program syndication, format adaptation sales, linear channel affiliate sales, and apps mobile partnership with telcos is expected to bring in more business opportunities for the company.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 174 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 148 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 70 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 61 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021