CJ E&M HK strengthens original productions with winning CJ formats
ASIA PACIFIC – CJ E&M HK has announced strategies to enhance the service offerings of tvN Asia, as well as to transform itself from a content curator into a creator in the region. Through producing various original contents, including Get It Beauty On The Road and One Night Food Trip – International Edition 2, this year’s advertising revenue generated is expected to triple that of last year’s. tvN Asia has also brought its original contents to multi-platforms, expanded beyond its own pay TV platforms by tapping local free-to-air TV and OTT operators, as well as the broadcasting networks from its Korean root.
tvN Asia is glocalizing CJ E&M’s own formats into its original productions. By combining global sensation, Hallyu, with local tastes, tvN Asia creates talk-of-the-town original productions that appeal to Asian audience while serving clients’ best interest at heart. By garnering rights for iconic show formats, tvN Asia adapts them into unique formats where Korean goes international. Through careful casting of Korean show hosts with a more diverse cultural background, and bringing shooting site to its service territories, tvN Asia is making the shows more relatable to Asian viewers and driving more opportunities for advertising sales.
Coming up to tvN Asia is original beauty shows – Get It Beauty On The Road which takes on the format from the best known K-beauty show Get It Beauty while blending in local spirits. The co-production between tvN Asia and StarHub TV will follow the main concept of the Korean show by exploring K-beauty products, but move the shooting outside a studio to different places in the Lion City. The Korean and local hosts will join forces to investigate latest beauty trends with the help from K-beauty experts and share secret tips in beauty, skincare, hair and wellness. Get It Beauty On The Road receives strong support from local clients and is set to air on tvN Asia and StarHub TV’s HUB E City in July. The show will be in Mandarin and English.
Riding on last year’s success, travel and food show One Night Food Trip – International Edition will return with a second season in 2018. A spin-off of the popular CJ E&M format of the same name, One Night Food Trip – International Edition adds local Asian celebrities into the mix to ramp up the competition. This season, the 16-episode travel show will cover 4 countries, including Malaysia, Taiwan, the Philippines and Korea. This unique format creates a rare opportunity for 4 governmental and tourism board partners to support a single project together. By leveraging CJ E&M’s travel show IP, tvN Asia is able to adapt and customize the format to local clients and drawing on stronger than ever synergies.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020