Viu brings local content to Thailand with GMM Channel
HONG KONG – Viu, a leading pan-regional OTT video service by PCCW Media Group, has made inroads in bringing local content to the online video audience in Thailand with a content deal with GMM Channel, one of the largest entertainment companies in Thailand. The deal also signifies Viu’s continual expansion of localized content to suit the viewers in different markets.
This milestone deal adds up to 200 hours of selected premium content from GMM25 under GMM Channel for Viu audience in Thailand, beefing up its already massive volume of Asian premium content available on the platform. It also bears testament to the success of freemium OTT video model spearheaded by Viu, which offers all viewers free access to its content with ad-support, while premium subscribers can enjoy a wealth of features on the OTT platform.
Amassing the highest digital TV viewership on social media platforms in Thailand, GMM25 is renowned for its realistic approach and “taboo-themed” dramas, which are particularly popular among the millennials who form the majority of online video audience. GMM25’s programs always feature famous cast members, remarkable cinematography and a powerful screenplay, all essential elements that strike a chord with local viewers.
Viu will be the only OTT platform to watch, on demand, certain selected premium GMM25 programs for up to the first 30 days after the initial local telecast and online simulcast by GMM, such as the well-liked Love Song Love Series, as well as The Crime, which stars veteran actors Oil-Thana and Ja-Natthaweeranuch in a crime investigation series that follows a group of skilled police officers who take on challenging cases. The immensely popular variety show Club Friday Show will also enjoy an exclusive headstart on Viu. All Viu users in Thailand can enjoy the selected latest GMM25 content right after local telecast and GMM online simulcast while premium users can enjoy additional features such as unlimited episode download and HD 1080p video quality.
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 73 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 72 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- All-new episodes of Marquee TV shows back on air from 13th July on ZEE5 Global 60 views | posted on July 13, 2020
- CNN International announces Selina Wang as new Asia-based correspondent 37 views | posted on July 14, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020